Parrot Bebop 2 Quadcopter Drone

Parrot Bebop 2 Quadcopter Drone

I used to have one of these before crashing it into a tree and finally wrecking it. Most of it is easily fixable, but the board actually costs more than this to replace.

I loved it because when I told it to stay steady, it would rock solid stay in the same spot. There’s a camera in the belly that helps it know when it’s drifting.

Does “factory refurbished” mean Parrot, or some other factory? That’s not a parrot warranty.

This is a decent basic drone, that has stable flight and overall reasonable flight performance. As long as you are aware of its limitations, I think it can be fun. One limitation to consider is that the flight time will probably be less than 25 minutes, maybe around 20, but that’s typical of most drones, where they don’t fly as long as stated.

I found the video quality to be a bit soft, not quite looking 1080p, and I think that’s because all of the stabilization is electronic, there is no gimbal, but I’m not sure. Exposure wasn’t bad, but bright areas are easily blown out.

In this basic configuration, you would be using a phone or tablet to control it, which can be a little vague because you’re just sliding your fingers on a glass surface and not using actual joysticks, but anything can be mastered with enough practice.

I think the biggest concern is range, since this uses the WiFi from your tablet or phone. The specs say 300m, but that’s a best-case scenario, and I had mine lose signal in urban areas with lots of interference within 30 feet sometimes. Out in an open area, I got better results, but you’ll always be limited based on the WiFi of your controlling device. You can get a SkyController, and that has better range, but by then you’re getting close to the price of a newer drone package.

1 Like

Yes, Factory Reconditioned means its done by Parrot, or someone they designate.

“Refurbished” covers everything from buyers’ remorse returns and products whose defects have been repaired by the pros to damaged packaging and discontinued items. If you can accept their checkered past, refurbs have a lot of love to give.

[Typing by Thunderson]

2 Likes

Thunderson needs to make sure you get rest to heal!

I am! Thats why I’m doping all this typing ;___;

[Typing by Thunderson]

1 Like