Paternity Test

Woot, stop trying to be like Teefury, you’re better than that. Alex has tons and tons of other interesting stuff that doesn’t involve Pikachu, Darth Vader, or anything else to get you in trouble. You know this, you linked to it yourself. I still want his two designs from the Psychedelic derby. (On AA, pretty please?)

While I’ve enjoyed this cartoon for a couple of years now, I find it rather questionable that this is the original artist, just finally getting around to submitting it to woot. There’s a similar cartoon by an Alex Pardee - are they one and the same? The styles are definitely different.

Also, how does woot get away with constantly violating copyrights and trademarks?

http://eyesuckink.com/ and ZeroFriends.com is for sale | HugeDomains

Actually, he would be a lot older than he looks since all this happened a long time ago in a galaxy far away.

One could also say, “When 900 years you reach, look as good, you will not.”

Oh, ok. I’ll just finish it real quick.

+1. We’re here for Woot, not TeeFury/ShirtPunch/RipT/etc.

If this is the artist’s own work, then no. Being that it’s a daily, I hope Woot figured it out themselves, but then again, there was Pik-achoo too …

Alex Solis is alexmdc. When he submitted the shirt to Threadless, they probably owned the rights to the design for a designated amount of time. With woot, it is either 60 or 90 days, unless they print the shirt.

It has been close to 2 years since the shirt went on Threadless, and they never printed it. Alex did not violate any rules to resubmit the design here, and woot did not break any copyright.

Yeah, I don’t get the whole “every shirt is a pop culture reference” thing that seems to be going on now. I mean, yeah a couple are nice here and there but if I wanted shirts like this I’d take a time machine back to Steve & Barry’s.

Easy sales. Pop-culture shirts tend to sell in greater quantities because there’s an automatic appeal to the property already.

I wonder if a guest will wear this on the Maury show?

I love Alex’s stuff. My favorite is the “Don’t Care Bears” the first time I wore it I just happen to run into Alex at Noodles & Company

No, no, no! Not, “You are the father,” but rather, “You ARE the father!” Does this designer even watch the show?

Hey dudes I did create this a few years ago and it did get all over the internet for a while got a ton of tumblr likes, and was featured in a few websites.

I was lucky that woot decided to print it, and love seeing the drama and people so quick to jump the gun and call it stolen, but again I created this, so relax and share that popcorn :smiley:

Now you’re trying to steal our popcorn?! :wink:

^this wins the internet today

hey there. thanks for dropping by!

Im not understanding why woot is continuing to use memes or artwork when the ownership is questionable. This has been around a while and theres no real way to prove who came up with it, just like the Pikachu peice. I wish they would stick to it being completly original and not able to be ound floating around tumblr, threadless, or some other site where someone can say “ohh yes this is mine”. No offense to the submitter but this is the second time a submission has been questioned and its making you look bad. Why not try submitting something new if your really the person behind these ideas.

You’re* => Argument invalid

Additionally, why in the world should an original artist retire a great piece like this. If it is his, it is his to do with as he likes and who are we to tell him otherwise?

I was approached to sell this from woot

check this: http://www.threadless.com/submission/352639/Paternity_Test

check the date, what do you mean there is no way of proving who made this.

check more of my work here.

smh

Good to know.

Ummmm…“Are You My Mummy” needs to be a shirt. Is that available anywhere??