Patriot Pantry 1-Week Emergency Food Supply

You can find some meals with lower sodium. I’ve gotten meals from this place. Tested and they taste pretty good (I didn’t try the low sodium meals as I don’t issues with too much salt). Freeze-Dried Food | Backpacker's Pantry – Tagged "Organic" But I have a WIDE variety of freeze dried food from various brands. Just make sure you do not have a problem using water out of your hot water heater if you don’t have a fresh water source that’s dependable during emergencies and you have no power. If you keep water on a shelf, in your basement, expect one of those 5 gallon water cooler bottles to last about 4 or 5 years before you need to dump it. The warmer it is, the more light, the less time it stays fresh. If you see any GREEN forming inside the bottle, pour it out. You can buy those 55gal blue barrels for about 100 bucks (a kit) and it comes with chem’s that will keep your water fresh for 5 years. You can buy those water pouches (4.4oz each) too, or if you want to splurge, water in a can (blue) is expensive but will keep for 25+ years.

Buying this stuff and sticking it on the shelf is one thing. But that’s half the battle. You should catalog what you have and rotate it if it has expiration dates (canned meat, soups, water, etc). And you should take the time and prepare a meal or two so you can “sample” the goods. These meals are not for everyone so best to find out now before you start eating those green wafers… :-0

This is the info I was looking for. 10 pouches for the 10 different foods, each pouch with 4 servings each?

No, it’s all about taste.

Not to mention that there’s only one meal iwht meat / protein - the chicken rice.

Pretty sure that one still doesn’t even have chicken protein in it. Looking at the ingredients indicates chicken fat etc but no chicken meat.

Big believer in being prepared. 8 days without power (twice!) during an ice storm was enough to convince me!

Some backpackers do not carry a stove to reconstitute freeze dried foods. In the last hour of their hike for a day, they add water and continue hiking. By the time they get to camp and get set up, their meal is ready to eat.
Fuel is not required… it just takes longer without it and doesn’t come out as good.

Does anyone know if this is GMO free? If this food is not Genetically modified then it is a good deal. If it is GMO, then you are getting a great deal on poisoning yourself.

Salt contributes to more deaths globally than any other nutritional risk factor. It’s not ‘demonized’ enough.

Yes, this food is GMO free. All organic too.
We purchased some through their free food offer on Fox network. You might still be able to get it. Just google it. If people are worried about water then purchase a water bottle called Grayle. It purifies any water. That is ANY water. You just have to make sure you get the right filter. Also Seychelle is good just not as easy to use. But it does clear out radiation and stuff as well which Grayle does not. Grayle is a easy carry bottle that all you have to do is push it to filter. Seychelle is a straw version but it is one of the best out there.

Note that this is dehydrated food rather than freeze dried. Minor differentiation, but this is why you have to simmer the foods for 10-15 minutes rather than simply add hot water and allow to sit like you do for freeze dried. Freeze dried you can add non-heated water earlier and reconstitute…not sure about the dehydrated…maybe a lot longer.

You don’t have to cook the entire pouch all at once - they will usually keep for up to a week once opened (as long long you close them up tightly and the stay dry).

9,240 calories total. Divided by 7 days = 1,320 calories in this “week’s supply”. You better not plan on expending any energy during whatever emergency you intend to use this! That’s starvation diet just sitting still. If you’re out trying to make your way home or digging yourself out form the snow storm, or whatever, you better have a bag a Snickers along with you too!

Do you even know what GMO means? I don’t think so

These do not contain GMOs.

These do not contain GMOs (genetically modified organisms)

According to the ingredients it has corn by products and soy products.
93% of soy is GMO and 90% of corn.
I would be suspicious of the No GMO thing.

I like to put the VIVA in survival, otherwise it’s just surl and that doesn’t sound pleasant.

Being in Oregon and waiting for the “Big One”( earthquake)…these types of things have some appeal but as a liberal moderate type the name puts me off…gives me pictures of militia types big guns and big beer bellies.
So will pass.