Patriot Pantry 1-Week Food Supply Ammo Can

Patriot Pantry 1-Week Food Supply Ammo Can

Is this “dehydrated” as it says in the description (2-3 year shelf life) of “freeze dried” (15-25 year shelf life)?

1500 calories is enough for a child, this is 4 days of food.

“1500 for a child”?!? No wonder Americans (and their kids) are so obese!

1 Like

And, these are for emergencies. 1500 calories is better than zero hundred calories.

4 Likes

plus it’s hard to find food that reminds us of our love of guns

ugh… what a weird world I live in

From the manufacturer:
It has a shelf life of up to 25 years unopened

• Black Bean Soup (4) servings
  • Maple Grove Oatmeal (8) servings
  • Traveler’s Stew (4) servings
  • Long Grain White Rice (10) servings
  • Mac & Cheese (8) servings
  • Creamy Chicken Flavored Rice (4) servings
  • Homestyle Potato Soup (4) servings

So, I could buy all of this off the shelf for much much cheaper, and while it might not be freeze dried, I could afford to replace it at least once for the same price as this kit.
Not that great of a deal.

About a month ago I bought some of their 4 day samplers off Facebook for $10.
I cooked, and I do mean cooked, the creamy chicken flavored Rice. It was fairly good. It seemed like I had to boil the rice forever before it was ready. The cream flavor mix was pre mix in the rice. I thought this was going to make it easy, but actually it made it much harder for me to tell when the rice was done. For the test I used the propane burner outside to cook to simulated no power, that worked well. But I was thinking I was using a lot of propane time to cook this simple dish. It would be at least something in an emergency but I think it would be better to just open a can of soup and warm it.

This is good, for long term storage. I expected more of a MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) style food. This is ok, but I think I will just put my own stuff together.

Love of guns? I was thinking more along the lines of it brings out the types who rather sit around and wait for the govt to come save them. Or depend on others to save them. Just hope people don’t forget to get some water pouches.

Fact: dehydrated food does not last 25 years. Only freeze dried food does.