Patriot Pantry Survival Seed Vault

The benefit to having non-GMO is that they are true to seed. so if you want to save seeds and plant for the next year you don’t have to buy two of these containers. If I am in survival mode will most certainly outlast you!

Unfortunately, you can’t seed that next crop back to original parents. In fact, you might not be able to gather any seeds at all.

To have seeds for the next crop that will be viable, you want to go this way.

That was a really thorough review. Sounds like this is good if you want to plant a variety of crops for a kitchen garden but wouldn’t be sufficient for survival. I live in a basement level apartment now, so growing anything is not really an option, but I learned a lot from reading that review.

At first I was afraid… I was petrified.

Hybrid seeds don’t breed true and GMO seeds are copywritten so you’re technically not allowed to save seeds from the plants you grow. Heirloom seeds can be harvested and used year after year.

Hey all, we’re selling seeds here. Not guns or politics. Those conversations would be great in Everything but Woot but not in a discussion of seeds. okay?

90 day warranty on something that’s supposed to sit unused in your cupboard for 5 years

Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side.

Thanks for the sanity.

Is a product like this designed to take money away from the spontaneous buyer ?

camelcamelcamel.com shows that the price was $20.46 earlier today. The price has since been raised, but the claimed difference was valid when it was posted.

Mod, if you click on the Mothership link, it takes you right to the Amazon page. Subtract your $5 shipping fee if you have Prime at Amazon, and it ends up a few cents more, but you’ll get it right away.

If I drank a delicious GMO filled beer for every time I saw “GMO” in this thread I would be wasted…

This is a great “garden pack.” You would want more variety to be a true survival pack (wheat, corn, potatoes come to mind). You can always add that later.

GMO is different from a hybrid. Hybrids (or crosses) can be done by people or nature. It happens all the time with tomatoes. It takes many generations to become stable or an heirloom). Until then, susequent seed saving MAY result in slightly different results. This can should produce reliable seed.

This IS a quality post! But if the SHTF and the seed don’t grow anything, what good would a warranty of ANY length be?

Well if the SHTF in the next 90 days, there’s going to be a lot of seedy people around. All standing in line waiting for their refund.

Speaking as a gardener and greenhouse worker, this is a nice selection of seeds to work with.

Also speaking as a seed saver, it’s nice not to have to pay $2-$3 a pack for new seeds each year. Additionally, being able to select the best growers in your garden to harvest seed from - basically, developing your own strain suited to your climate and soil - is the way to go. Hybrids - meh.

Heirloom varieties are by definition pretty darned hardy. That’s how they get to be heirloom.

I bought these the last time they came around, and will be starting some next month. I’m going to be trying them in my garden this year.

For 20 standard heirloom garden varieties, this is a good price. The price is even better if you get three, because that 47 cents savings becomes $10.47 savings. Give the extra to friends, neighbors, or use them for barter goods if the world collapses.

Or not. Whatever floats your boat.

Generally speaking I think this is wrong.

I’ll let some ag scientists chime in/correct me but if the presumably more appealing heirloom tomato is hardy, they wouldn’t have worked so hard to hybridize it. There are other things they select for too, of course, productivity, uniformity, etc., but mostly they want the plant to thrive in a wider range of growing conditions.

I hardly think that these seeds are going extinct,almost every single seed listed in this package are the same exact ones I have been planting here in the midwest for the past 40 years, I buy them off the hardware store seed rack every spring, these are all major cultivars, these are all great producing cultivars with the exception of the tomato, it has been a poor or non producer many many years that I have planted it, have not planted it for years because of that problem. And overall for the number and variety you get, not a bad price at all.

Am I expecting to have to actually survive a nuclear war? :frowning: But those vaults.