Paul Dolan Cabernet Sauvignon (5)

Paul Dolan Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon 5-Pack
Sold by: Mendocino Wine Group LLC
$69.99 $149.00 53% off List Price
2015 Paul Dolan Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon, Mendocino County

If this is as good an offer as the recent PN, you have my attention…

Rodents?
Report!

[GRAPE]

I was lucky enough to get the Golden Ticket on this wine, and was excited as I have always menat to try a Paul Dolan wine, as they get points for their organic approach. It took three days for FedEx to find someone at home to sign for it, so we knew we had to hurry, complicated by its arrival on my birthday (How did you know, WineDavid?), and the fact that other spirits were in play. So please excuse the need to abandon a more relaxed an structured lab session!

On open, a slightly floral aroma, and a reasonably deep color in the glass. Once in the glass, a bit more earthy on the nose with the promised fruit starting to replace the florals.

Tasting notes on first small glass from myself and my wife… smooth mouth feel with the brighter fruit more evident, and darker on the finish. We debated what notes we detected, she going with “bramble-ish” (I wasn’t sure that is a fruit), and I went with anise and pencil lead (does that mean I finish too fast?)

We waited as long as our dinner reservations would allow to have a second small pour, trying to get a feel for what a little air would do. More fruit on the nose… more noticeable balance start to finish, if that is a correct term. My wife is picky about wines in this general price point… As a rule, “It’s OK” means it was boring and without nuance for her, but she thought this was “interesting”, which means she enjoyed it. Woot! I thought it hit the right buttons for me, with the character of the cab allowed to shine through, and is a good value. Hope that helps, Wooters, and have a great Thanksgiving. Thanks, WD!

PS: In for 1.

http://www.mendocinowineco.com/assets/client/File/PDV/Labels/2015_PaulDolan_Cabernet_Label_B.jpg

Well, sometimes they are interesting. Not much to add with this one.

We are happy to present our just released 2015 Paul Dolan Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon!!

This wine has a history of high scores. The past two vintages have received 90 and 91 point scores from the Wine Enthusiast. We are anticipating receiving great scores on this vintage soon as well!

This wine pairs wonderful with any holiday meal such as lamb, beef, pork among many others.

Waiting for a Paul Dolan Zinfandel offer!

Invino has it right now.

Any SoCal’ers want two or three?

All GD community tasting notes for this wine have been x-posted into cellar tracker, user names have been omitted to protect the guilty.