Pavi Napa Valley Pinot Grigio (6)

Pavi Napa Valley Pinot Grigio 6-Pack
$59.99 $114.00 47% off List Price
2012 Pavi Pinot Grigio, Napa Valley

Some notes on a '10 I found at closeout from GO:

Saturday, April 30, 2016 - Don’t drink much PG so no real expectations, so, at consumption, a 6-year old PG didn’t expect fresh vibrant fruit and acidity. But there still was some nicely aged stone and pear fruits, but not much of the suggested lemon and pineapple. Not surprising the acid and crispness of youth had faded and retained or evolved into a nice full round mouth that was both pleasant and interesting at the same time, especially considering it’s low closeout cost. Enjoyed the ~1/3 I drank and the remainder flavoured some risotto.

Not sure how this may translate to this '12.

Thanks for the notes! I would expect this bottle to show a bit more fruit than the '10 you drank. But based on the find at Grocery outlet I wonder if I would be overpaying even at $10 a bottle here.

Was hoping for more participation here. Could use some decent inexpensive whites, but leery about the age on this. Holding off for now, will check in again before bedtime.

Depending on how you like your whites, this is two years younger than that '10 I had at vintage +6. I’m not necessarily looking for enamel etching acidity and crispness, but like a bit of bottle age, so for me these a bit fresher. Just don’t currently need, or have room for, any additional whites right now.

I decided to pick this up. Seems like something my bride would really enjoy.