Peachy Canyon 2007 Snow Vineyard Zinfandel - 3 Pack

My go to is Craigslist.

I have scored 2 excellent EuroCaves, one brand new in its crate for $400 and one gently used for $200.

Yep. I bought a nice big 250-300 bottle vinotheque off cl and Hak got an even bigger one.
Click here for examples. Some are priced too high, but I see one in Sacramento for $800 and one in NJ for $900. Anyway this should be taken to the coolers thread.

Both of those ideas sound absolutely smashing, baby - YEAH!

Seriously, I’d guess the name bears homage to peach tree orchards that were ripped up to plant grapes.

I just bought two of those, I believe they were 36 bottle? I forget. One has a bum motor and I need to return it, but beware, they onl holr 4/5 bottles in each row unless you have the same uniform Merlot bottles that we all obviously don’t own. Still, not bad for the price and they function well. Good looks too but alas I wanted to switch the door hinges on one and set them next to each other so they could look slick when opening, no such luck b/c of the cords. Go for it still!!

Hi there, Jake Beckett here from Peachy Canyon. Unfiltered means that the wines were not forced through fiber filters for clarity. What we do is more old school style winemaking to maintain rich color but still get clean wines. We rack our wines every 6 months instead of filtering. So the deal is, after 6months in the barrel, sediments sink to the bottom, we then gently emptly the barrels into tanks without disturbing the sediment at the bottom of the barrel. once the majority of the wine is out of the barrel, we turn the barrel over, drain out the sediment and clean the barrel. after a day or two in the tank, we then gravity fill the barrels back up with the wine for another 6 months.

What’s up everyone!!!
Jake Beckett here and i am Peachy Canyon. Well…after my Dad and older brother of course. But hey, I’m here right.
So i’m pumped to be a part of the Wine.woot phenomena and I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and talk a little bit about the Snow Zinfandel.
Snow Zin is a vineyard designate. Meaning the grapes used to make that wine come from 1 single vineyard, at it also happens to be my home. I live in the middle of the Vineyard with my Wife and Kids. I have two boys i get to make Hoe weeds and work in the Vines…I love it, payback.
It’s a really cool vineyard too. old school farming, Head-trained, sustainably farmed. Meaning i don’t us crazy pesticides and herbicides as part of my farming pratices. There’s no way i would raise my kids around that stuff. you can check it out on our website at www.peachycanyon.com. click on vineyards. I will try to upload a picture on this site soon, but i’m not gonna lie to you, i’m better at farming than i am at computer stuff. at any rate, i look forward to chatting with anyone who has any questions for me about the wine, the vineyard, my family history in this industry, or whatever.
cheers,
jake

Only White Zins. Those tend to be sweet wines. this is a finished red Zinfandel, jammy, with some hints of white pepper. great food wine.

Peachy Canyon is the name of the road i was raised on. The name Peachy came from a Horse thief that used to hide out in the canyon in the early 1900’s and that was his nickname. he was caught and hanged, and the canyon was then named after him. there are some really cool caves back in the canyon that we used to play in as kids. that is where he used to hide out.

Thanks for checking in Jake. Very happy to have Peachy Canyon on board. Great wines and Jake “get’s it”.

In for one. Zin in the house!

Thanks for taking the time to chat Jake. My wife and I don’t normally drink Zinfandels, but would very much like to begin. How would you describe the taste of this wine? What other varieties of red does it compare to? Thanks!

you can go ahead and pop and pour. Unfiltered wines will have a little sediment, but not a lot if it’s done correctly.

Snow Zinfandel is very fruit forward, but not sweet, more of a jammy style, with a little spice. and once you get into zin, you will find that there are literally hundreds of different styles. Mostly though the varietal is known for it’s fruit driven qualities. Zinfandel wines tend to be in a class of their own. and Zin heads are a whole other group of wine drinkers. It’s funny, because zin people love zin and other varietals too. but people that aren’t into zin, just aren’t, and they will refuse to give it a shot. Zin lovers are die hards.

yeeeaaaaaaaah boyeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hey… I went to college in San Luis Obispo, too! Haven’t back there since 2002… I liked that place. My senior project involved the analysis of sugars during fermentation.

My brother just brought in a sample of zin grapes. it’s almost picking time!!!
going to be some killer fruit this year, and some really bad stuff i think. It’s one of those years in grape growing where we had great rainfall, outstanding fruit set, and a relatively cool summer. the growers that got greedy and didn’t drop any crop are way behind on ripening. may not event get to pick some of the vineyards in the area. I’m glad we grow a lot of our own, and the vineyards we work with know what they are doing.

gotta love Cal Poly and SLO. Dr. Keith Patterson was my favorite professor back in the day.

Patterson was bad ass, that’s for sure.

Separately…You should wander to the tasting room at your place and ask Ryan Lopez if he has recovered from Vegas

I talked to him yesterday, he was supposed to ship a case of library wine to a customer that just happens to be in Vegas for me, and he shipped the wrong vintage. So i’m going to go out on a limb here and say “NO”, he has not recovered. If you are still confusing numbers, you are not recovered…
I’m just goofing on him of course, we love Ryan, he does a great job…most of the time. :slight_smile:

Just a Dead Horse thief nicknamed Peachy. I had one Peach tree growing up, but it didn’t do well. We actuall pulled out Walnut trees to plant our first grapes. Maybe we should have named our winery, " Dead Nuts " !!!