PRODUCTS:
1 2005 Paso Robles Syrah
1 2006 Paso Robles Syrah
1 2007 Paso Robles Syrah
CT links above

Winery website

Previous offer:
2/11/11

Already have plenty of Syrah, but love the write up. Hope this goes quickly, but que sera sera…

I know its terrible that I didn’t do a vertical tasting of these, but I bought two sets for a reason.

So far I’ve enjoyed the two I’ve had, I had I believe the 05 and 06 so far. The 06 seemed a bit hot but mellowed out after about an hour or so.

Don’t think I have any notes though.

Previous Wootage

Interesting. It looks like you can buy the 2005 direct from the winery for $8 a bottle/$60 a case! Guess they are trying to clear it out.

The other two go for about $25 each.

Went to their vineyard in 2009, which is absolutely breathtaking. I love their table red, which would be cheaper than this regular price, but they clearly are an artisan winery. Very nice people and I don’t recall these wines, but I tasted a lot and bought a couple cases of Cab and the aforementioned table red. I think I will go in for one. One of my favorite pictures from the trip is in front of their stone château.

I was holding out for Peachy Canyon and got Pear Valley. Went for the Wattle Syrah earlier, so will miss this vertical.

Thanks for reminding me about the Wattle, already picked up that Woot. I knew there was a reason I was hesitating. That, and the mushroom/earth talk. The berries sound enticing, but the earthiness scares me away a bit.

Dos mas…I just did some checking around here and somehow only have wines purchased from Woot left around here.

Wasn’t the Wattle a Shiraz? HA! Just kidding.

I guess I should be thanking you wine.woot - any wine I’ve been interested in hasn’t had shipping to Kansas.

hmmm from winery site

this is shipping to CA address:

1 2005 Syrah Case $60.00 $60.00
Subtotal: $60.00
Sales Tax: $4.95
Shipping: $18.00
Total: $82.95

Pretty great deal if this is good juice.

Just noticed that the only Syrah I’ve got on hand is the Wellington mixed case and one of my first woots, the 2003 Penfolds Bin 28 Kalimna Shiraz.

Hmm. Going to pass. And I’m pouting that I missed the DeLongs varietal poster. :sad:

well i think i will name my winery grape gultch.

Thanks for the info! Just bought a case of the '05 delivered for $95.

If not, sangria season is knocking on the door…

Has anyone had the 05 and remember anything about it? I’m considering buying a case from the winery!

What a great deal! Have you had this before?