Pedemonte 2006 Cabernet Sauvignon Rutherford, Napa Valley - 3 Pack

We have a rough idea of the type of wine this is (Napa, fruit-forward international style, expecially given the data and the descriptions in the WS review). Re year, from all the 2006 CA wines I’ve had and noticed over the past year, invariably they are more fruit forward than the 05. good, but just a little more accessible, slightly less complex than the 05, or indeed 076, but pretty decent, and probably for drinking younger than those years.

I think the six million dollar question for these is: does this wine have that taste of Rutherford Dust?

What did I miss?

He was just the first wooter. Yet again. And quickly (yet again).

Just got back to OH from Oregon two weeks ago. Try “ANN AMIE”. My boss rated it #1 on his list of 10 in the WValley and I have to agree - OUTSTANDING. It’s near Carlton/Dundee area. Do a Google Map or use a GPS. OUTSTANDING PINOTs. I’m a red winer and I even bought their white Sav Blanc!!! There are also some vineyards that have been on WW…Lange and Tori Mor are close together, but my GPS took me the wrong way to Lange. Using a map may be the best bet. They are up a bumpy gravel road so ya gotta take it slow.

[How good is this deal?](http://bit.ly/cozXVx" title="How good is this deal?)

Pretty standard, yet solid deal. Click on the link above for full discount details and links, etc.

Mmm… Anne Amie Muller-Thurgau. That was a woot here some time ago. Wouldn’t mind seeing more of that :slight_smile:

I think I still have one bottle left from the original wooting, if anyone around NYC is interested in it I will check my stash.

Re: 2006 v. 2005 Napa Cabs –

In my WS app notes - they score the 2006 Napa Cab vintage as a 95 overall – “A late, cool harvest produced dense, concentrated, structured and age-worthy wines … The wines from 2006 mark the third excellent year in a row. . . . The best sites for the variety are in the warmer areas of Napa Valley & Sonoma County. The top wines are uncommonly rich and flavorful, with balance and charm. They showcase the varietal’s loamy currant, plum and black cherry character, along with notes of mineral, herb, anise, olive, sage, cedar and cigar box. . . . Ultimately, 2006 produced some of the greatest Cabernets in recent history: 30 wines earned classic ratings of 95 - 100 . . .and 180 merited outstanding marks of 90-94. . . . With a few exceptions, release prices are about the same as they have been the past several vintages. Yet the market has softened, and careful shoppers may find bargains both at retail and on restaurant lists.”

For comparison, they give the 2005 vintage a 92 overall score and note “Record-size crop surpassed expectations; may be mixed. Best are elegant and balanced, with ripeness achieved at lower alcohol levels. Avoided excessive ripeness. Should age for 10 - 15 years.”

I don’t know why the notes for 2006 were so much more voluminous – the notes for the 2007 and 2008 vintages are more succinct also. But, since the question was raised earlier – I did want to pass along the info that I had found.

Cheers!

Hi Kyle, it’s Chris Pedemonte. regarding new world style comment. I’d say, yes, it is. I find “new world” meaning no hint of Brett (brettanimyces) that is so often found in wine from France & Itally.
What you will find is a clean, fresh, fruit forward cab with round tannins, full midpallet, lingering finish of a complete wine. It has a finesse & elegance that does make it great with foods or alone -either way-. There is not the grippiness or dry grainey finish that you find with over extracted cabs… Enjoy! Chris

I can’t wait to retire…

So I can be home for the UPS man every day. Then I can order wine from WOOT.

I tried to bribe him into signing for me, but he’s too damn honest. Plus, he could lose his job.

Hola Richard, this is Chris Pedemonte. Yes you will find the ethereal “Rutherford Dust” on the mid pallet & finish. You can also discribe it as a bit of tea and baker’s cholcolate.

I’m officially a wooter. Been lurking for months now and finally took the plunge. I’m a sucker for Rutherford Cabs.

Send it to your office…

And so begins your journey into the abyss of handing all your money over to WineDavid. Welcome! :slight_smile:

I can only do that every 2 months or so lest everyone at the office thinks I’m a drunk.

These aren’t the wines of the common drunk.

I agree I love both styles new world/old world I would never limit myself to one style,to many old people in my business like that. Not that all old people are like that! :wink: Besides there is a place in the world for both styles namely …my wine fridge! Darn in again!

Cheers!

Hi Cheron, you will find this a very good deal indeed (like all Woot deals!) Rutherford cabs with this rating typically sell for $40 - $80 or more. The August 2009 WS issue that this was rated in put my cab next to other 91 point wines like Araujo $275, Colgin $290 and Merus $135.

He’s like that guy “The Stig” on Top Gear, fast and mysterious…

I find this to be another very tempting offer. Danny SIWBM.:frowning: Winery: thanks for jumping in and chatting with us.