Pedroncelli 2007 Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel, Bushnell Vineyard - 4 Pack

In for two! Pedroncelli is on my dont think just buy list for a qpr daily drinker. Havent been disappointed yet.

Cannot say the same for the order of wine I picked up at BevMo this weekend. Wine.Woot has ruined my wallet for inexpensive wine - things I used to enjoy, are now just “eww, eh, achhhhhh! …” - Time to make a lot of french onion soup with that last Bevmo order. Blech with the exception of the Torii Mor.

So, yay, in for two! Wine I can drink now - woo hoo.

Pedroncelli must not have obtained the necessary license to ship there since the enabling legislation was enacted. Hard to say why not.

It appears to depend on the winery. Some of them ship to CT, some of them don’t. I have been able to order some of the wines, but not others. Might be the same for TN.

I have been pleased with all of the Pedroncelli wines that I have purchased. Due to space limitations, in for only one.
Hope we see some more this year.

I’ve had precisely the same experience with Pedroncelli zins. It might also be worth mentioning, especially for the newer folks as well as those who might think wine this inexpensive can’t be all that good, a major part of the price being as low as it is has to do with the fact that the Pedroncelli family has owned the land for generations, long before it became so pricey, and they’re not carrying the huge mortgage many other wineries are. Add to that the fact that the family has been making wine for generations, and you have a pretty dependable outcome, year after year. I’ve been enjoying their zins for at least 30 years. This is a deal worth finding room for.

Do we know how these will hold up to being shipped in this weather?

The east coast (I’m in northern VA) is dealing with 100 degree + weather, and I don’t think our PO will be taking precautions like shipping things in cooled vans…

This exact wine was on WineSpies in June for $14.40/bottle, plus their exorbitant shipping (although free on 6+). So woot wins that battle.

Thus the slightly increased shipping cost to $7. During the summer season, while shipping is $7 per order, the wine gets shipped across the country in refrigerated trucks. WD also keeps an eye on the weather and looks for the opportune time to ship things, so it might be a little slower to ship if the weather stays hot.

There have been times when locales have been put on a shipping hold until weather breaks when there’s been extreme heat waves that just won’t go away. He takes care of us :slight_smile: Just don’t be in a huge hurry to receive the wine. Patience is a virtue when it comes to summer shipping.

It will have cooled off a little by the time these ship. I too have had good experiences with these wines and am def. in .

Thanks for the prompt reply! I’m in for one!

These wouldn’t be smack-in-the-mouth Cali zins. More like what you will find in Italian wines. You will taste the fruit along with lots of other zin characteristics.

I tend to think of Pedroncelli as making California wines as they were many years ago.

BTW, for the folks in KS, TN, and possibly other states I neglected to include, this article was posted just over 3 years ago, so the portion referring to states which do not allow incoming wine shipments no longer applies to those states.

That was what I was implying here:

off topic- In today’s New York Times:

When the First Sip Is the Sommelier’s, Not Yours

I’m confused by the Facebook link to the wiki page on epiphyllum_oxypetalum. What am I missing?

Glad to hear you’ve enjoyed the previous offering. This is a new and upgraded style for this wine. The previous vintages were somewhat tight and lean. This one is rich and luscious. The package isn’t the only thing that has changed!

And DC! I don’t think I’ve ever seen an offer that hasn’t been able to ship to DC. I’m really interested to know why. I was under the impression that our importation laws are rather loose, since we don’t really have an in-‘state’ (see what I did there?) production industry to support, just independent liquor stores on basically every street corner.

I’m particularly surprised that a major operation like Pedroncelli wouldn’t have a license to ship there. Why no love for the capital, guys?

Buy! Buy! Buy! You won’t be disappointed! The gold foil label isn’t the only thing that is rich about this wine.

RIIINGGGGG~ that is the sound of your alarm! Wake up and smell the Zinfandel. You’ll love it!

Boss Monster…who said we supplied the Boss? And, no, there isn’t a mock up of that label hanging in my office! AND their is no truth to the rumor that these grapes are the boss’s cousin. No truth at all.