Pedroncelli Dry Creek Valley Merlot (6)

TY TT

Buncha gripers this morning about a shipping change that’s been a nice change for the last 6-9 months. Welcome back to Woot! They still sell great wine for a great price and will let you complain about it.

You have to wonder if you order 2, will it come in two boxes of 6 or one box with 12 (saving some shipping for someone other that us wooters).

have to agree with people though, Pedroncelli is a great everyday drinking wine for the price and a auto buy.

At $10.83/bottle shipped, no matter the quantity, this is a steal and a great QPR. I have 1 left from the Ped mixed case from December, and it was phenomenal at $12.50/bottle. Anyone who is questioning the pricing needs to stick with the Boon’s Farm.

End rant. But seriously, this is great juice at a great price. Anyone who likes merlots will enjoy this offering. If anybody needs more convincing, here is the link to the last mixed case offer which contained the merlot:

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=6087371&pageindex=1&replycount=92

Anytime I have ordered multiple quantities from other vineyards off Woot!, the wine comes as one package. I have never ordered more than 12 bottles of a single offer though, so if you buy 3 they may split them up. Anyone have some experience with this?

This. Yes, it’s true, before we could have gotten multiple orders for the same $5 shipping, and now the $5 is priced into each order, but c’mon people, it’s still a very reasonable deal. No need to go all sourpuss over it. Buy the wine, taste the wine, enjoy the wine.

I ordered x3 of the pinkie swear it came in two boxes: 12 in one and 6 in the other

^^^^^^ This.

In for 1/3 because I have wine buddies :).

I think what they are saying is that you used to be able to pay $5 for up to 3 of the same item or combined shipping. Now, if the $5 is built into the price and you buy 3, you are paying 3 times the built in shipping costs. It’s quite a stretch to characterize this as price ‘gouging.’

Since I have the wine delivered to my workplace and a case is too much for me to carry to my car, I would be better ordering in two separate orders so I get two 6 pack boxes, and it seems there is no extra money involved.

[QUOTE=sealag]

The $5 shipping is not at all what it costs to ship the wine to you. Including shipping and handling makes much more sense than an arbitrary $5 charge.

What is this, Face Palm Friday?

http://bethestreet.org/wp-content/uploads/memes2/facepalm%20bear.jpg

For me, a case came out to $141.68 (or $11.81/bottle shipped and taxed). I agree: a good “open anytime” wine.

One for da wife

Last Wooter to Woot:
fredrinaldi

Ah, I always forget some states have to pay tax :slight_smile:

I thought the same thing, until I remembered that the “shipping charge” previously added separately never actually covered the true cost of shipping. I have invoices from at least a half dozen wine clubs to prove it, in case I didn’t already know, making cortot20’s comment below, and your own last sentence the best way to look at it, IMO. Thanks to both of you for the well-reasoned thoughts.

Not all all. There are no additional shipping costs, BUT… each order has shipping embedded. Where there once was a nominal $5 ship charge for the entire order, that cost is now buried within each order, and quantity. So shipping costs (buried as it is) has multiplied greatly from when it was once a simple tack on to the entire woot order. Woot buried the ship cost to obsfucate the true cost.

Total cost is all that matters. Less than $12/bottle shipped to your door. That’s the bottom line.