Pedroncelli Mixed Reds 6-Pack
$89.99 $151.00 40% off List Price
2014 Merlot, Bench Vineyards, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
2014 Sangiovese, Alto Vineyards, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
2014 Cabernet Franc, Barrel Select, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
2012 Wisdom Cabernet Sauvignon, Dry Creek Valley Estate Vineyard, Sonoma County
2014 Cabernet Sauvignon, Three Vineyards, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County
2014 Zinfandel, Mother Clone Vineyard, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County

Seriously good deal here. At woot prices from earlier deals, all but the Wisdom total $70. That makes the jewel only a $20 bottle.
Didn’t think we’d ever see that one here!

Yeah…what’s the deal with the Wisdom? I honestly can’t justify even a single set, let alone the three I should get, but I still want to know :slight_smile:

Really, it’s that and the Cab Franc that have me most interested.

I have a pretty diverse wine stash thanks 75% to woot and 25% to awesome bottle shops here in Portland, but always reach for a bottle of Pedroncelli if I need a bottle I know I / friends will really like. I’ll probably be in for two sets of this, as I have never tried the sangiovese and can vouch for the other five bottles.

Do these need to age and if so, for how long? Also, in the spirit of teaching a man to fish and feeding me for a life time, is there a method I can use on my own to figure out if something needs to be aged or can be opened right away?

I was excited, I love Pedroncelli, they always ship to SC, so I didn’t even check the states, wanted to be in for 3, but alas I get to the checkout page and get the dreaded can not ship to your state message:(

Me too! Though I often buy from them directly so I’m emailing them to see if they will provide this offer directly. You might do so as well.

Same issue here. Let me know if you figure out a way around it

I just bought the case of this (which was basically this x2). What to do… what to do…

We have enjoyed 5 of these wines but haven’t had the Wisdom cab. I see it’s listed for $36/bottle on their site, anyone tasted it before? But for $15/bottle average it’s definitely worth a flyer! Haven’t met a bottle of Pedroncelli we haven’t loved!

I was feeling generous. Don’t call attention to it if you want to see it again!

Let’s do some other math…
Three sets is ONLY 18 days worth of wine (if you skip lunch!) Not to mention if you have to share.

South Carolinians(and any other Neo-prohibitionist state resident!)Check this out!!

Some silly politician screwed things up in SC and we are in the process of getting it straightened out. Shoot Jon a note and he’ll put you on a list. We’ll honor this offer as soon as this is straightened out!
Jon can be reached at jonb@pedroncelli.com or call the office at 800-836-3894.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Do you know that the Sangiovese was the wine that got RPM and I talking about food, family and wine and THAT is what spawned the RPM tours!
The Sangio is great. I love it!

Most wine is ready to open and enjoy right away. “Big” reds such as Cabernet, Petite Sirah and even some Merlot should ideally be aged for a few years in order to let the tannins integrate. This is not always the case, however, as there are many examples of these varietals that can be fully enjoyed upon purchase.
When I first started drinking a friend of mine told me that you should always buy at least three bottles of a specific wine at a time. One for now, one for later and one just in case.
The point being that bottle age is a personal preference and by trying the same wine new and then with some age you can get a feel for your own preferences. I think it is RPM who said something to the effect of “pull lots of corks and remember what you taste”.

Enjoy the journey…

You are a mathematical savant!

Thank you!!! I will be emailing later today!

Wellll…if you read the posts from previous offers, most Wooters will tell you to put these wines down for 6 months-several years. But I drink them right off the bottling line! Granted, my palate has become accustom to our style–a little higher acidity, a little tighter structure, a little more grip (tanin) in the finish.
So, in the spirit of teaching you to fish…
When someone asks me about how to learn to taste wine, the answer is simple–buy a corkscrew and several bottles. There is no way for you to determine if you should lay something down other than by learning your own taste preferences. You must start there and then grow Grasshopper.

A few rules of thumb: Wines that are produced for early consumption will likely be in the $20 and under range. Wines with a “California” appellation will generally be more approachable at a young age and don’t need bottle development. Merlots, Pinot Noir, Red Blends, some Zins and Sirahs can likely be consumed within hours of purchase. Cabernets with Napa or Sonoma regional designations are likely to be a bit bigger and can benefit from some time in the bottle. If they carry a sub-appellation Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma Valley, Rutherford, Stags Leap and such they will likely benefit from extended bottle aging.

These are GENERALIZATIONS!! But will help you find the right fishing hole for your taste buds.

With regards to the $20/bottle rule, I have to admit, our wines break the rules. We are preparing to celebrate our 90th anniversary. We don’t service a $50mm debt, so we can offer wines at unreasonably (I mean, like, ridiculously)low prices. This leads to another lesson–

Learn your regions, and learn the producers you like in those regions. Then determine what it is you like about those wines: Fruit forward? Bright acidity? Restraint? Balance? Are they soft and easy to drink? Do they make your mouth water? When you’ve worked on this, ask the who else in their area make similar wines. In our case, there is a very small producer on Dry Creek Road that I really enjoy–Nalle Wines–their style is similar to ours. I love their wines!

Finally a short cut: If a wine seems tight (can’t smell the fruit) and rough (seems harsh on your tongue) splash it into a decanter or use a venturi (google it) This aerates the wine and simulates bottle aging. Works pretty well and really adds to the enjoyment of the wine (give it a try on the Wisdom!)

Thanks for asking the question–many want to know but are afraid to ask!

Pedroncelli = AUTO BUY.

My very favorite wine on Woot. It has never let me down. EVER. Always top quality whether I store it or serve it right away. You can never go wrong with this winery.