Pedroncelli Mixed White / Rosé Case

I have one heading my way. The Dry Rose is wonderful. I might have one bottle stashed away from the last offering. Wish I could have gone in for two, but I’m still paying for the last woot!off. I’m soooo glad that WD and the Pedroncelli’s stuck to their word and struck this deal! Happy 4th of July to all.

[labrat]
LABRAT REPORT

I got to labrat the Rose.

Short Verion:

Good wine, very tasty, try some.

Medium Version:

Color of bright pink/red. Aromas of bright red fruit, strawberries and a hint of candied sour cherry on the nose. Front palate is a big attack of the same red fruit notes as on the nose, mid palate start showing some earthier, grassier notes. Finish is not particularly strong, but this is where many wines at this price point go wrong. They show a flaw, something out of whack this one didn’t. There wasn’t much there but it was good.

I don’t like to give out scores, WS gave this 88 points, and while most times I look at scores and react “too high” or “too low”, this one got “about right.”

Scott

[labrat]
Longer Version:

Okay, so here’s the deal, I got the email and I was soooo excited. Then I got the box and I was soooo excited. Then I opened the box and I was soooo eh? Wha? That’s it? I get picked and my wine is an inexpensive Rose? From California? I pretty much only like French Rose, California rose wine takes like fake weird bubble gum waaaaay to often. Oh well it’s free, though they aren’t going to like my review. I figured I’d use more of it for industrial uses or home uses like cleaning windows or whacking zombies in the head with the bottle.

Then I drank it. And so did a buddy of mine who had pretty much the same reaction as I did.

Hmm

Then we drank some more.

Hmmm

Then we got burgers and fries and drank more…

Then we looked over and…bottle empty.

We, liked the wine. A lot. It went down…soooo easy. Fun drinker wine. I don’t know how the other half of the mixed case will hold up it’s end of the deal, but the rose is great.

Scott

For White Zin the grapes are picked under ripe and typically there is residual sugar left in the wine. This wine is made from grapes that are picked for our Mother Clone Zin at full ripeness. We then draw soak the juice with the skins over night and draw off the juice in the morning for fermentation-hence the great color, flavors and aroma!

Hey Wooters…I couldn’t resist! I’m on vacation this week (hence the lack of vintner’s voice-mail.) I had to sneak out of bed while Julie is still asleep to say hi-If she catches me “working” I’m in deep pomace!

A little about these two wines:
I’m in Tahoe. It’s 80 and sunny and guess what I’m drinking! Need I say more?

We have a great following for the Rose here on Wine.Woot. It’s dry and delicious. Try it with oyster shooters with a ponsu (sp?) sauce. Quite possibly the best wine and food combo I’ve ever had. This is the 55th consecutive vintage of this wine. We are a bit partial to it!

The SB is soooo refreshing! Great acidity, a little grapefruit/citrus with some honeydew melon. There is just enough richness to make you take another sip to try to figure out if that is passion fruit you are tasting…be careful…you’ll find you’ll have to pour yourself one more glass to figure it out. Then another…

This time of year my diet consists of mainly grilled anything. Try this SB with some Corvina (or sea bass, or halibut…) just seasoned with a little olive oil S & P on the grill. Serve the fish with some fresh fruit salsa (nectarine is perfect)some brown rice and strap on the feed-bag!

Uh-oh…I think I hear Julie stirring…I’ll try to tag a few posts through out the day. She has to take the dog for a walk once in a while!
TaTa from Tahoe!
Ed

These wines are both drinking nicely right now. I’d say these are Summer/Fall wines, and that’s just about right. They will hold for a year, but they start to change–both–SB more honey aromas, and the Rose starts to get a little heavy in the nose. Interestingly though, the mouth on both are really stable–great acidity allows some longevity, but why wait?!

We are working on MD. Not quite yet!

Wow…I’d buy this wine from you! :slight_smile:
You really captured the stylistic points of the wine. I couldn’t agree with your assessment more!

Funny. I’ve never had this happen. No, I mean only ONE empty bottle. Great little wine, ain’t it?

What am I missing? How can this be a “solid deal” when the retail price is cheaper? Also, how can the woot case for $107 be a better deal than the same case for $94 (assuming you’re in a state that doesn’t have to pay sales tax, and then it’s likely still cheaper)?

When I saw this deal late last night I thought it was great, but now it just seems like a regular sale without much of a discount. Hopefully someone can explain why I’m wrong.

It would be a solid deal becuase the winery is sold out of the SB.

It took you 55 minutes between glass one and glass two??!!??

Hi all!
I joined in April and this will be my 7th woot. Checking in to see if anyone in Seattle (downtown area) is interested in splitting a case?

I hate to be so cynical (I’m kidding, I love it) but since the winery is the one offering this deal, they certainly are not sold out of it. It appears they just committed all of their inventory to woot and added a few dollars to the price. Nothing solid about that at all, and more than a few people would likely call it some more nastier things.

Since the winery is participating in this discussion, I’d be interested in their thoughts on this. Again, I’d love to be proven wrong about this and if I am, I’m sorry and will buy a case of this.

Hey! I don’t usually take that long - ask anyone who knows me!

I was deliberately letting it get warmer than it should be… a good way to find flaws. I was also busily preparing a meal that didn’t really go with the wine ; )

We aren’t sold out of the Rose, and all the SB is committed to WW. It’s a steal on the SB–usually sells for $12/bottle. I’m on vacation, so I’ll ask someone else to do the math, but when we eat the sales tax and you cost average the two, I think it’s a pretty good deal. If not, I’m sure Wine David will have another great offer tomorrow. And the next day. And the next…

Thanks for your reply.

We’ll, actually, we stopped making White Zin in 2000,(we never did STOP making the Rose) and the Suburban with 285k miles I drove until last month might dispel the ‘tons of money’ thought.
Sutter Home and Beringer own the WZ market, and as far as I’m concerned they can have it. I’ll take the Rose over a White Zin any day. And rest assured, you are going to be very happy with your purchase.

Uh oh. Julie just checked her email and caught wind of today’s offer. I better go paint the kitchen…Um, I mean, lounge around on the deck on vacation.

I was mistaken. Your original thought appears correct as the winery& woot appear to have created the lack of competition for the 6-pack SB. Living in MI if I could purchase from the winery each 6-pack (which I cannot because the SB are for woot) it would be $84 for wine, $5 for shipping, $5.34 sales tax if they collect from MI (on wine and S&H) for a grand total of $94.34. Not a deal except for the fact that I can only purchase this package at this price due to their arrangement with woot. Bad taste in my mouth now and I was considering the deal. I may do what InFrom did.