Pedroncelli Mother Clone Zinfandel (6)

Pedroncelli Mother Clone Zinfandel 6-Pack
$74.99 $132.00 43% off List Price
2013 Zinfandel, Mother Clone, Dry Creek Valley

Anybody know how this compares to the 2012 that was in the mixed 6 a while back?

From the Wine Advocate:
89 points Drink: 2016-2023
…offers loads of
spice, in a rather classic Zinfandel that elegantly carries its 14.9% natural alcohol. Loads of berry
fruit, raspberries, cherries, a dark ruby/plum color and plenty of spice and pepper are all present in
this supple Zinfandel to drink over the next 5-7 years. One of Northern California’s best wineries for
consistently good values remains Pedroncelli.

Beverage Tasting Institute: 88 points
Violet color. Delicate, interesting aromas of gherkin, craisins, and floral honey with a silky, bright, dry-yet-fruity medium body and a easy root vegetables, earth, and vanilla nuts finish with crunchy tannins and light oak. A solid drier styled zin; give this a bit of time.

My local Safeway sometimes has this wine for the same price if you buy 6 or more. I just bought a case on Sunday to add to the case I already have. This is a classic Dry Creek Zinfandel that will benefit from another year or two on the rack, but is perfectly happy with your bbq tonight. At this price why not do both if you have the room?

The Mother Clone is the wine that turned me on to Zinfandel well over 30 years ago, when it was the only Pedroncelli wine available in Buffalo. Year in and year out, regardless of vintage, a reliable example of a classic Zin from the Dry Creek Valley.
For anyone who doesn’t have the advantage of a local chain that has an occasional deal, this is a terrific price.

Jon must have a broken arm, with all the twisting WD seems to do to get this pricing; better than club, especially after you add in shipping.

Always a reliable purchase the Mother Clone is. First found Pedroncelli on a rpm tour and learned the benefits of grabbing these when they appeared, and cellaring them for a few additional years to reap rewards beyond the purchase price.

That one CT review clearly didn’t know…

This one’s an auto-buy from a short list.

Love the wine but this is not a screaming deal near me. Can be found for 12 a bottle which is under this price. Great wine though!

Yeah not a screaming deal, but if you’re shipping it makes it more attractive. Hopefully this offer comes back in the fall :wink:

Don’t ever see this locally, and I’m fresh outta zin (and almost all my other Ped wines), so this is a good enough deal for me.

Not in stores around me and Pedroncelli winery never lets us down…we love the Merlot and the MCZ is a close 2nd… We are in for one.

At anything under $20/btl I think this is a good deal. Highly encourage folks who like zin to jump on this one.

$18 at the winery so it better be under $20 :slight_smile:

And they automatically discount that 10% on a case

Okay, I’m convinced. I’m in for one.

Normally this is an autobuy for me!! But I have a case of the 2012 and 7 other bottles of various other vintages. Being retired now and having a ton of wine on hand and 13 yds of mulch sitting in the drive. I have no time to drink down. But this wine is an excellent QPR and 2013 was a great year.

Agreed.

Just what I’ve been waiting for! A Zinfandel that I can lay down until 2019-2022, as my inventory is all full up on wine to drink before then.