Pedroncelli Mother Clone Zinfandel Magnum (2)

Pedroncelli Mother Clone Zinfandel 1.5L Magnum 2-Pack - Retro Label
Sold by: Pedroncelli Winery
$62.99
2015 Pedroncelli Mother Clone Zinfandel (Retro Label), Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County, 1.5 Liter Magnum

Hmmm, $18 a 750ml bottle on Pedroncelli web page. So $72 from them for the same quantity. And yes I know these are magnum bottles. Even so, $10 isn’t much of a woot deal.

Also: from august, mixed set; including the 2015 Zin:
https://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7219275&ref=wn_cnt_odet_jtd_flm

I think these retro labels are the coolest!

Magnums always cost more, but not worth it for everyone. 375 ml are not cheaper per ml though, wtf?

“Mother Clone”? What a terrible name.

The other problem is that the 2015 Mother Clone Zin is pretty heavily available elsewhere, for a much lower price, making this even less of a deal. While I’d love a magnum and the label is cool, I will have to pass on this one.

You’re not comparing apples to apples. Yes, for a single bottle the price is less (though you don’t mention how much shipping would add). But for the mag being sold here, the winery is pricing it as follows (per an email they sent):

when you look at it that way, $63 for two, shipping included, is a nice deal! If you’re not interested in the retro label, or the large-format bottle, then obvs it’s not worth the higher cost.

$84 plus at least $12 shipping for two of these from the Pedroncelli website, so this is a pretty killer deal for two magnums!

Good lord people mag’s of anything are more expensive! It costs a lot more to make them, not to mention a special run of retro labels. If $31 or so for a mag (2 bottles) is too much for you maybe you should be drinking beer. Sorry rant over :slight_smile:

Agreed.

How long will these age? Those labels are indeed cool, and I was considering buying at the full price InFrom mentioned. This price is nice!

I’ve been informed that if you have a choice between a standard bottle and a magnum of the same wine, the magnum is a better choice because the actual quality of the wine is better due to the bottling process. This info was received from individuals who’s opinion I hold in high regard when it comes to wine.

I agree totally!! They probably Pay a lot to drink Ultra!!!

I went in for two. WITH OHIO TAX it came out to about $16.81 per 750ml which is very reasonable X2 for a magnum! Plus MC is a very QPR Zin. I love it!

The offer probably won’t last an hour!

Or to look at it another way, it’s 10% cheaper for these 2 bottles, than it would cost you for 1/3 of the 6-bottle case deal.

I love the look of the bottles, just not convinced I need a magnum of the MC (much less two magnums. Or is it magna?) And I assume that it would be advisable to hold for a year or so before drinking(?) So at the moment it’s “want”, but not yet “buy”.

Great deal! In for 1! This will be really good wine in a decade or so.

Mags are more expensive. Get over it.

mags are cool generally and the retro label reminds me of the Pedroncelli wines of my callow youth in the '60s

The oddball bottles, big or small, always cost more than the standard 750s.

Extra nice to have the “new” retro label alongside an original :slight_smile:
Wish I could justify this one, really I do. I’ll have to satisfy myself with the couple bottles of MC we have already.

The label is great and I’ve never met a Ped I didn’t like. :slight_smile: Must have one.
Cheers!