CONDITION: Sweet
PRODUCTS:
3 2006 Vintage Port Four Grapes, Sonoma County 500 ml Bottles
1 Port Wine Lover’s Dark Chocolate, 3.5 oz. in container
CT link above

Winery website

Previous offer:
12/3/11

This is a lovely Port, but I still have quite a bit left from the previous offering. If you haven’t tried it, do so.

buying blind - lets hope the reputation holds out…

I bought this the last time it was up. Port was pretty good, chocolate was delicious.

In for one. Looking forward to this!

I got some of this the last time. Still have two bottles (and a ton of other port) so don’t really need more. Haven’t tried the chocolate yet. Here are my CT notes on this port:

Color: Nice dark, garnet color
Nose: Nothing overly distinguishable on the nose. Mostly get the brandy, maybe some ripe blackberries and raisins. It smells like port!
Taste: Nice sweetness on the front, not a ton a fruit, but good hints of dark dark cherries, raisins and some oak. The sweetness is quickly overtaken by the heat and spice and then ends with a nice, long finish that lingers and lingers.

Overall: A nice vintage port, but seems to be lacking a little bit of the balance I was hoping for. Hopefully it smooths out a bit with some more time in the bottle, but even as it sits now, its a great QPR

tasting notes from those who have had this? Please? I have only had Fonseca port at a restaurant and LOVE it…

Anyone have any idea of the drinking window? Not a huge port drinker and still have the KR I bought in 2011.

No Maryland! :frowning:

Is that a double negative so they were actually light cherries? lol…

BTW, sorry about losing Pineda. That has us Yankee fans a tad worried :frowning:

I’ve got good until at least 2021 based on previously winery participation.

And that is the trigger pulled on my first wine.woot. Fingers crossed!

Man, three offers in a single Woot-Off? My poor wallet.

That’s how they reel you in and get you addicted, not unlike a corner drug dealer. Except you don’t have to pay for expensive rehab, which is a good thing because you won’t be able to afford it :wink:

Congrats on breaking your grape.

I bought this in December and gave bottles to Port-loving friends for Christmas and they all RAVED about it. Their birthdays are coming up soon, so I’m in for another one. Yay!

Only 3? I am 5 so far, and that doesn’t include the one I missed and would have gotten because I was sleeping.

I’m relatively new to port. In for one.

How long will this last once opened? How should it be stored once open?

J

Wow…yesterday Pedroncelli PS, today their delicious Port. You guys would really make my day if you threw up a case of Pedroncelli SB!!!

Port vs Forte?

Why is Pedroncelli a Port while KR’s is Forte?