PENTAX 16MP Optio 18X Optical Zoom

Nuff said…pass. X

No, digital cameras don’t come with the SD card.

I bought one when it was $109.99 and it takes awesome pictures. Took it to Mt. Rushmore the clarity with the zoon is incredible. But it is really light - feels kind of cheap. As long as it holds up that is all that I care. I do get an odd message with one of my memory sticks from time to time that I don’t get in my Canon camera. Also I have to say that the button to snap the picture is hyper-sensitive. One day it kept snapping pictures one after the next. Turns out it was on smile capture mode.

Sometimes it is the camera, generally if it’s a cheap one. Most of the time the lag is caused by a slow card. You should always make sure that the camera will support a “class 10” card. You will be amazed at the difference. You can determine the class by looking at the number inside a circle on the front of the card.

Hope this helps!!

The scenes you are mentioning are pretty much what this class of camera was designed for! I think the only thing you will miss is there is no optical viewfinder. It’s harder to compose an (outdoor) shot when you can’t see the screen due to harsh sunlight. But, heck, it’s a 90 buck camera.

It’s time to start thinking of these cameras as a good temporary investment for a couple of years. That’s only $45 a year to use it, then get some next generation that is even better.

With the rapid pace of improvement, I’m not sure a current $600 compact camera is a great investment.

If you are doing just standard shooting, this camera will be just fine. It’s only the gym/action/low light types who need to invest more.

You’ll spend more than this on chips and salsa in the next two years.

Eventually, camera progress may level off, but right now we are still in the early years. Buy something, shoot pictures, and enjoy!

All this bad mouthing about what you have bought from Woot and this camera. Why didn’t you just send it back and get your money back and quit bad mouthing Woot. I’ve bought so much from them and if I’ve ever had a problem, and most of the time, the problem was mine not theirs they took the item back no problem. This is a great company and I hate all this talk about them selling bad products. You ought to shop some where else if you are so unhappy and quit bad mouthing this great company. I’m very sick and have limited funds and without Woot I wouldn’t be able to purchase the items that I need and for my friends and family for special times. If your so unhappy go away and complain about someone else. I love this people. I bought this camera myself and so far I’ve had NO problems at all.

Come here, you.

Sincerely though, thank you for the kind words. They are really appreciated.

nothing good to say