Pentax K-7 Weather Resistant 14.6MP Camera & 18-55mm Lens

Accidentally clicked the “I want one!” button.

Scariest moment of my life.

New to all this so may I ask how you can tell how many there are?

This is actually a great camera. The refurbished warranty is the same period as a new camera which is not the norm for refurbs usually you only get 90 days from Nikon or Canon. I looked very closely at this camera before purchasing a slightly higher quality Nikon. At this price not even eBay can touch it!

Lowest price I see for the body is $829.95. The lens runs around $150. So it’s close to $1,000. Hoping buyers take advantage of it. The last time it was on Woot it was $10 more.

They’ve been around for about 90 years. Just don’t advertise for some reason. Never did.

Same here! I know there are too many other steps to worry about it going through.

Yeah, I know my way around a steel, and also have a whetstone. That being said, I wouldn’t touch it, either, hahaha! On the other hand, how many w00ters actually cook anything other than microwave burritos and HotPockets? :wink:

Anyone know what these sell for new?

Inderpidibly

Pentax cameras are awesome. I have a white K-x and couldn’t be any happier. If I do upgrade though, I’d probably skip the K-7 and go to the K-5. But I’m satisfied with K-x.

The part I love is that they use any old Pentax lenses. There’s some real good old glass out there.

because it’s a good camera?

Woot needs to set up a fund where we can all pitch in $1, buy an item like this, and donate it to charity. The Woot-Off keeps moving, Woot makes money, a charity benefits. Everyone wins. There have been points in the past where I’d gladly kick in a buck to move things forward…

I have to agree fully with you there. The K5 is a very nice camera. The K7 also is a very good camera, it just hit the market at the wrong time.

My only complaint with the 2 is that you can only manual focus while recording in movie mode, unlike the more expensive competition.

This is giving my an F5 complex

Well with a WR lens I paid $1125 my wife missed the $980 Amazon price and had to look elsewhere. Freaking love it… wish I had just paid full price a year ago.

+1

I can imagine! I know you wanted to press “I want 3” first… Now go do it!

I wonder what the record is for longest time to woot for any item. No one has bit yet and it really is a good deal.

Not ONE has been purchased yet…

+++++10000

Fantastic idea. I’d toss in a few bucks every now and then too.