Pentax K-x 12.4 MP Digital SLR with Dual Lens Kit (18-55 & 55-300)

I have this camera in white. It’s a really great slr for the price. Photos are gorgeous. The only complaint I have is with the flash - but it just needs an external. Even so, the photos are really good. I’m just picky (I a graphic artist and work with professional photographers every day).

Ah, more of the “If it’s not Canon/Nikon, it’s not a real camera” group.

Sorry for the rant, but Pentax makes excellent cameras & lenses. They just don’t promote much outside of Japan.

Indeed, Pentax makes some excellent SLRs and lenses. Also, you can put just about any Pentax lens on it (some require an adapter)

all K-mount (K, KA, KAF, KAF2) will work without an adapter. M42 screw mount lenses (such as Super-Takumar) require an adapter. Any lenses in the above mounts will work on any Pentax with varying functionality (you don’t get auto aperture if the lens doesn’t have an auto function, so forth).

Pentax is the only DSLR manufacturer I know of that includes modes in its current bodies to make them play nicer with non-auto (no “A” aperture setting) lenses.

there’s also a couple Samsung DSLRs that are largely rebadged Pentax bodies, for which all of the above also applies.

buying $7000 worth of Canikon doesn’t make one take pictures better, and the same one can be outshot by the another one with a Nokia if said one’s has bothered to learn some photography.

I only call this a bad deal if there’s another place to get the same RIGHT NOW for cheaper/on already has some decent K-mount auto glass.

(though there is always second-hand sellin’ to get rid of the extra optics)