Pentax K-x Digital SLR with 18-55mm Kit Lens

There’s nothin’ like playing Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook to pass the time until the next item arrives for us to nab…

yes this will make you a great photographer and you can take pictures like the ones of the moms in oh cheri ads.

Why? A set of AA rechargeables is $10, good for 500+ pics with this camera.

The Amazon price for this exact camera (red) at this second is $590. This is a STEAL if you can use the red camera body.

Decent starter set but absolutely awful colors.

Why?

I’d much prefer AA’s in my Pentax K20d. With the battery pack it has, I get ~900 pictures per charge.

According to the specs for this Woot, one should get 1900 pictures per set of AA batteries.

AA batteries just are much more flexible in use vs having a proprietary battery pack.

When you are out in the world and your camera’s battery dies, do you want to have to go to any store or do you want to have to go home? AA batteries are a plus in my book.

oboy! where’s the wisky?

If you travel to remote places, AA batteries are a lot easier to replace than the alternatives.

I was going to buy one of each color, with pink being a gift, but now that red is sold out my dreams are crushed.

But they go perfect with that purple hard drive a few woots back.

I guess this is the “dump the fail colors” woot-off…

Why you gotta be hating on the strange shade of pink? Let’s call it sunset rose. It makes you WANT the camera now doesn’t it?

They’re a huge waste literally. I always have a spare li-ion all charged up, done that for all my cameras for years, yet to be caught with no power, and saved a bundle over those in the “go to the store and buy more batteries” camp.

The next woot!, same camera, better colors.

I have a k200d, an older version in the pentax line which uses AA batteries. I use rechargeable Sanyo Eneloops, good for about 1000 shots.

Its nice knowing that if I ever ran out of juice in the field, I can pick up batteries virtually anywhere, and I still have the convenience of recharging the same batteries.

Highly recommend the Kx, in any color.

Someone buy the pink one already - what, no Hello Kitty fans up still?

wooohoo sold out… beautiful… thought that would take longer.

There were only 8!