Pentax K-x Digital SLR with 18-55mm Kit Lens

NOOOOOO! sold out! i wanted one!

You’ll be very happy with this camera. I’ve several Pentax DSLR’s and they’ve got a lot of bang for the buck, so to speak.

You can visit PentaxForums.com to get helpful, friendly advice for your Pentax camera.

happy photography!

Miss it :frowning: Why the only one???/

Amazon has more - they even have it in black, with both the 18-55 and 55-300 lenses for a little over $700 (and several other versions, including red).

I keep wanting to buy this camera (I have the original film-based Pentax KX from the '70s), but there are few of the features that just aren’t up to date. I’m hoping there will be another generation with K lenses and current features. Or I’ll wait until these are being sold off at the end of the cycle at a price that I can’t refuse. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the advice, I really needed a replacement for my canon ae-1. developing film is expensive >.>

cool, any tips for someone fairly new to photography?

Sir, don’t you know if there is DSLR and lenses woot-like site?

Get a name brand class 6 or better SDHC card (Trancend, SanDisk, etc.).
Rechargeable batteries are ok, but Lithium batteries will give the camera alot more pep, faster auto focus.
If you have a card reader in your computer you should have no problems downloading from the SDHC card, if not, i’d advise getting a card reader, since the only other way is to connect the camera to your computer via USB cable (that cable is provided with the camera).

Best advice of all: get out and use the camera. Scenic photography can be very relaxing, portrait and family pictures can give you images you’ll cherish for life.

EDIT: I use SanDisk Extreme III cards, but this is because my K5 does HD video and I wanted cards that would hold those videos. The K-x can use class 4, but class 6 should be as fast as the camera would ever need.

EDIT #2: The K-x also does video, but does not have HDMI out: so you would need to download from the card as I posted above.

Link to the K-x manual:

K-x manual

pout much?

Thank you so much for the advice!

Congratulations to magicwuff for walkoff woot exacta

First sucker: magicwuff
Wooter to blame for sellout: magicwuff

the camera came in yesterday, I love it so far!

First thing I am going to buy is a filter to protect the lens and a bag. I found myself taking the lens off and packing it in its original box to bring it home from work, that won’t do!