Pentax MX-1 12MP 4x Opt Digital Camera

Here’s a pretty good review - Pentax MX-1: Digital Photography Review

And here’s a look at some competitors - Roundup: Enthusiast Zoom Compact Cameras: Digital Photography Review

Those of you who are interested in the state of digital photography and the challenges it offer may enjoy this Public Radio report:

There are no sales pitches or anything in this, just a discussion.

Does anyone know where these cameras were made? I searched and some said they were made in Indonesia, others said Vietnam… Thank you!

i cave in

but i do like the chrome trim better:

on the camera like this

How would you compare this to the Samsung NX1000 ?

I gave in and bought one. I need a P&S companion for my Canon Rebel XTi DSLR (yup, still have it!). I am sold on the style and the tilt screen. I’ve been a Canon and Nikon guy over the year, this is the first Pentax for me.

BTW, I just discover Paypal is no longer accepted on woot. My last purchase before this one was back in June. You can say the lack of $5 all-day shipping has kept me from buying here that many months. Now with Paypal option gotten rid of as well, it’s hard to tell when my next impulse purchase is going to be. My 2c.

These complaints make no sense to me. $5 shipping per order should be good enough for anyone. So called “free” shipping isn’t free, it’s included in the price of the item. At woot prices, $5 is still a great deal.
Why do you need to use Paypal? Paypal is for buying from people selling stuff on ebay or whatever. I don’t think Woot is going to steal your credit card number.

So which do you like better? 10 purchases on one day for $5 total shipping or $50 total shipping? And what’s wrong with preferring Paypal to credit cards? I have both, but prefer the former.
Woot usually have good prices, but often is just slightly better than other vendors.