Pentax Optio M50 8MP Digital Camera with 5x Optical Zoom

Wow, what a deal. Five years ago, my Pentax S4 cost me like 3 or 4 hundred bucks. This is it’s successor. I totally want it, but I just don’t need another digital camera. Crap…what to do?

I’ll agree with that one. I’m sure no one would sell you a Pentax for 40$ unless they needed cash now and didn’t care about the extreme profit loss.

Baby blue just screams, “seriously sexy”… The pink, for a guy, would end with jail time. But the blue…

Ditto. Plus the AAs typically add a lot of bulk. I consider the Li-Ion to be a big plus. Best rechargeable out there.

I used to feel the same way. My Canon SD750 has a rechargeable battery, and then I found some Chinese knockoffs on Ebay for way less than the Canon battery. Chances are there will be some for this camera as well. Or for your cell phone, or most any other device that uses a proprietary battery.

Of course, use at your own risk.

They Sell it for 179.99 on the Pentax official store…but is it a good camera?

Wife needs a camera… I’m in for one, and I’ll checkoff one Christmas/Hannuka/Kwanza/Non-Specific-Holiday present.

Sort of a newbie… Who chooses the color Woot or me?

Is this a good camera for the price? I don’t have one and could really use it.

Thanks

CR gave it a recommended rating and they paid $170. I’m in.

I sold digital cameras at Best Buy for a few years. Pentax is a decent brand. Out of the cheaper low enders it’s one of the better ones. A camera with a Li-ion battery for under $200 is a good deal. People that scoff at li-ion saying they are expensive don’t count the fact that it won’t take long for the cost in AA’s to be more than the lithium. The lithium batteries last 2-3 years before you have to replace them. (which cost about $30-$40 at bestbuy but probably half of that on e-stores.) I challenge anyone to go 2-3 years of decent digital camera use and not spend more than $40 on AA’s.

I know what you mean - I paid $399 years ago for a 3 Megapixle Pentax Optio S. This is a deal (but the proprietary battery will run you $40 for a reputable brand). Still, it can replace my Pentax Optio S4i (4 Megapixel) today.

In for one.

I have a digital camera with a rechargable Lithium battery and I love it. I only charge it like once a month.

Yeah I’m very tempted to get it but I was thinking of waiting on Black Friday deals. I wanted to get a good priced 10MP camera but I hear that 8 MP is enough. I’m not sure whether or not I can get the day off either =.

Any camera can be a good camera. It depends on how you use it.

Here is the Flickr page for this camera’s specs as well as photos taken with this camera.

Eh, my ma needed a new one. So here’s a christmas gift in the making. but seriously folks. Its point and shoot. There’s usually just two sides to the coin…

Decently good, and terrible.

This is a decently good camera, my neighbor loves there’s (especially after I showed them how to use it). It takes good photos, plain and simple.

This site gives incredibly in-depth reviews. Here’s the one for this camera:

in for 1

I agree - I bought easily $100 worth of AAs NiMH because I thought I would save money in the long run, but in the end, their cycle time (duration) and recharge life didn’t match the expensive Li Ion batteries. My AAs are a guessing game - which ones will last long enough for a photo outing. Bite the bullet - get the Li Ion - you’re more likely to outgrow the camera than buy a 3rd battery. I always recommend at least a 2nd proprietary battery for longer trips.

When you click the “I want one” button, on the left hand side of the ordering page is the option to select how many you want and what color each camera is.

For sure, I did some comparing to a few other camera’s I was thinking about buying and this is blowing them out of the water.

As for the Baby Blue comments, unless you’re Paris Hilton, who’s going to care what color your digital camera is. It’s not like it’s a car… :slight_smile:

I just bought a Samsung S860 from Circuit City for the same price. Do you guys think it’s worth it to return it and grab this?