Perfpower 48-AA Batteries (Two 24 Packs)

From their site, “Since the program is free to the consumer, we can only take back PerfPower GoGreen batteries.” Bummer, as I too just fed my dead batteries to the landfill.

http://www.powerbygogreen.com/how-recycling-works

Wasn’t that the company in the movie “Office Space”?

Glad you asked this question as I had a similar experience this summer with the carbon monoxide/propane detector in my RV.

My travel trailer is about three years old and if I remember correctly the detectors still had the original Energizer batteries installed. Sooo… To avoid any annoying low battery alarms in the middle of the night while out camping I decided to just replace them. One less thing to worry about. (my goal in life)

Normally in something as important as this I wouldn’t use anything but Energizer or Duracell but I didn’t have any on hand and I know battery tech has improved quite a bit over the last few years so I popped three brand new AAA Maxell alkaline batteries (that I do believe came from Woot?) in and everything was fine…

For three days that is.

Of course 3:00AM came along and Beep…Beep…Beep… Low Battery.

Well, I assumed I must have had a bad battery or two (figured even junk batteries would last more than three days) so I grabbed three more, installed those and was fine for another three days until the same thing happened again.

Anyways, I didn’t have any Duracell’s or Energizers out in the woods (I was 50 miles deep in the forest) but I DID have a bunch of brand new AC Delco Alkalines (that DID come from Woot!) so I popped those in.

The Delco’s worked for the rest of the trip and about a week after we got home…(about 30 days total) Then the low battery alarm again.

The funny thing is I put all of the batteries on my Fluke after the fact and they were all around 1.3-1.4V.

Long story short, although I had good luck with the Maxell’s & the AC Delco’s in other devices I assumed the accepted norm – Don’t use anything but Duracell or Energizer in devices such as these.

Would be interesting to see how these would do based on some of the previous comments. I’d order some if I didn’t have 200 AC Delco’s on my shelf.

Just my two cents…

-RF

This is a good deal on great batteries. I’ve purchased the Go Green before from one of those overstock retailers. The batteries were used to power my kid’s Christmas train (a Woot deal!). Anyway, they worked great and didn’t wear out quickly. If you need AA batteries, and who doesnt? Don’t hesitate. Not to mention all the environmental benefits that come with these. Although I ended up recycling mine locally during Earth Day.

Hi from the manufacturer! Go Green Batteries are independently tested to perform as-well-as, or better than the more expensive brands. Perfect for any high drain device including in-home detectors. Remember to change your batteries every year, regardless of brand!
Thanks for using Go Green Batteries.

From the manufacturer, thanks for using our Go Green Batteries!

A QUESTION FOR GOGREENMIKE…

What is it about one or two brands of batteries that have a much higher tendency to split at the seems and spill that thick acid goo all over? Once that acid gets into the battery compartment, the device will never work again.

Are these batteries made in the USA or only packaged in the USA?

Werethose cheap batteries alkaline of the “Extra” Heavy Duty ones Woot often sold. Only alkalines (or lithiums) should be used in smoke detectors. I don’t know how long heavy duty batteries would last but they may explain your problems.

These are alkaline so usge in your First Alert should be fine.

Most First Alerts use 2 AAs, not 9V. It’s one of their selling points because AAs are cheaper and more readily available.