Pet peeves

That’s what my dear old Mom called them. It’s those little things that don’t really make you angry, but they sure can rattle your nerves.

For instance:

Have you ever put a fresh roll of t.p. on the holder only to have it go thunka thunka thunka every time you need some paper? And it doesn’t matter how many times you try to straighten out the cardboard, it goes right back to its warped ole self like it knows how much it annoys you.

Then there’s all the little styrofoam balls that fly everywhere and stick to everything when you unpack an item that is completely incased in these little hummers! You try picking each little sticky bomb off of you, the floor, the dog etc. Only to have them fly into the air and attach to something else! Weeks later you look at your dog or cat and say what the heck is that? But you already know what it is right? And so the battle begins again! I think they hide like little white bugs just waiting to jump out and in little tiny voices scream "nah na nah na you missed me sucka!

So these are 2 of mine, tell me about yours…

1 Like

OK, one of mine is crackers wrapped in cellophane. Tearing open the wrapper apparently generates about a million volts of static electricity, which causes the torn bit of cellophane to cling to your hand like a remora attached to a shark. And there is no way to remove it without looking like an idiot. The larger the audience, the tighter the cellophane clings.

3 Likes

Lol, that is soooooo true!

I hate when girls younger than me call me pet names like “hun” or “babe”. I’m 32 years old. I’m not your “sweetie” or your “honey”.

Additionally, I don’t know if this is a pet peeve. I can’t stand when people try to explain something (usually a lie), and their math or dates completely mismatch or they make up words. I will call you out EVERYTIME!
#detectiveinspector

1 Like

Every time is two words. j/k

2 Likes

Things with perforations that don’t tear along the perforation. Tablets, notepads, kleenex boxes, and especially Amazon bags that no one has ever been able to tear.

2 Likes

I take those bags, lay them flat on the ground, and push the top of it near the perforation, while pulling the top side away from the bottom side.

1 Like

I’ll try that.

You actually understood what I was saying?

o_O

(I figured that I’d need to draw a diagram, or post a picture/video.)

1 Like

I assume grind is ground?

Thanks.

@LMLCABC06 I’m from Baltimore, the land of hon and sweetie. We have something here called the honfest that a lot of people go to. I don’t cause I’m not into beehive hairdos or 1950’s 1960’s styles.
But when you live here there are two meanings to the hun or hon expression,
Hun would be used as an affectionate endearment for your spouse bf gf etc. but hon (pronounced more like hawn) is meant as a friendly greeting to both ladies or men.
It’s been around since long before I was born, but I grew up hearing everyone say it, so I do tend to say it myself at times. I personally forget that it can be offensive and have been called out for it a few times.
Sadly I think this type of expression isn’t just used in Baltimore anymore but in many of our states and maybe the meaning behind how we use it here is differant elsewhere.

I agree wholeheartedly with your second peeve!

1 Like

@pooflady amazon bags are the worst!!
I grab the scissors as soon as I see one.
But I kinda like @Undercover penguins idea too!

1 Like

How about paper towels that leave that one little corner left dangling on the roll? Am I the only one who has to tear it off because it annoys me??

3 Likes

YES!!! and sometimes it’s the whole damn roll like that.

1 Like

Here’s another one. The bags (any bags) that say, “Tear here.” Not a chance in hell does it work. I take it back, Kroger has bags of cheese that work perfectly. So if they can do it, why can’t everybody?

1 Like

Exactly!

1 Like

How about when you try to open a can with a pull top and the pull ring breaks off? Arrrghhh

1 Like

I sometimes have trouble just pulling the ring, getting old. I have a nifty little plastic tool that brings up the ring and pulls the top back.

2 Likes

My role as a “millinial”, I’m living the tropes and I tick all the boxes yet I’m still not right? Pick a lane, people, pick a lane.