Pet peeves

Chaos has no lanes, we’re all in a blender just trying to survive the blades…

3 Likes

People that think our list price is the Amazon retail price.
:confounded:

3 Likes

And that the prices on Amazon never fluctuate so clearly Woot must be trying to pull a fast one when their price isn’t way below Amazon’s price at that current second.

1 Like

I don’t mind that one as much and there have been [too] many times where AMZN is lower and the price hasn’t changed in weeks.

:sob:

2 Likes

I worked in product marketing for 30 years, Amazon could do so much better in a lot of ways, including… giving Woot! lower prices on all items they’re trying to move quickly!

2 Likes

Well, the least people could do is not be mean about it when they tell you guys there’s a lower price. People seem to take such glee in being mean and it’s really disheartening.

5 Likes

We do get a good price from Amazon. Some of the stuff we sell though is 3rd party that was selling at a marked up price on Amazon. That’s where we have problems with pricing. Amazon products can have multiple sales/ASINs/SKUs/pages for the same item. Quite frustrating.

Yeah, I agree. But it’s what all the cool kids do now. What I love is when the berate woot with the shame line and they’re wrong. I live for those.

2 Likes

I get what you’re saying, but the 3rd party vendors all seem to think if they sell at a higher price point they’ll make more money. This is a mistake many smaller companies make, if they lower their prices by even a few dollars less than what other vendors are selling for it will create more cash flow for them and force competitors to also lower their prices. Today’s consumer needs to feel like they’re getting the best deal for their money and Woot! is the kind of place that people love to shop for a bargain. Amazon could compel 3rd party sellers to offer lower prices if they want the privilege of selling on Woot! I wasn’t here for the old woot, but I have a feeling a lot of good things disappeared when the mothership took over.

1 Like

We and Amazon can’t compel other companies to do anything. That’s a big no-no. If it doesn’t sell, we just flip it back to them. They an choose to keep it or liquidate.

Keep in mind these offers come into us in bulk and it’s a two-person team bringing them live on Woot. Most are good deals but some will slip through. We know wooters are savvy and will let us know if one is a bummer.

4 Likes

Damn! Ya’ll are stuck between a rock and a hard place then, and that sucks for you guys. But maybe people will read this thread and have a greater understanding of why some things are a higher price than Amazon’s and they’ll cut ya’ll some slack. Here’s hoping!!

3 Likes

laugh3

3 Likes

Hey, at least I made ya laugh!

3 Likes

That happened to me when I was in high school. The can in question was a beer I had put in the freezer at a friend’s lake house, and forgotten. The ring broke, but only after tearing a tiny hole in the top of the can, from which a stream of beer shot all the way to the ceiling. Not wanting to damage my friend’s ceiling (especially since it was actually his older brother’s place and technically we didn’t have permission to be there) I did the only thing I could think to do: aim the Budweiser geyser into my mouth, and swallow as quickly as I could. It didn’t work.

3 Likes

Shotgun!

Rabbit holes

The lack of napkins in your drive through order bag.

2 Likes

This one’s personal. I’ll ask my husband to do something later or tomorrow and he always says, “Yeah, if I don’t forget.” Well, no kidding.

3 Likes

@pooflady I know exactly what you mean! Does he also say you never asked me that? Arrrghhh! Lol

MY wife asks me to do something, while I am doing something else that she asked me to do. I can stop what I am doing, and do the other thing, or finished what I am doing, but I might forget by then.

I keep a “honey do” list on my phone.

2 Likes

I hope you know that makes you a truly good husband!!

1 Like