Pet peeves

People that can’t take 5 seconds to read how a box or package is supposed to be opened, but just tear it apart so that the box/package can’t be closed correctly. Only one other person lives with me.

2 Likes

Another: a certain person, who shall remain nameless (but her initials are SWMBO) will never say “Would you please (fill in the blank with any domestic chore)?” Instead, she will either say, “Do you want to…” or “I’ll let you…” as if doing the thing was my idea, rather than her imposing it on me. After 50 years I have given up on trying to change this behavior, but it is still a pet peeve.

I have one like that. “Do you want me to,” instead of just doing whatever it is. After 52 years!

Wrong: “completely mismatch”
Right: are completely mismatched

Wrong: “they make up words”
Right: they made up words

Since you are speaking of past experiences, you have to explain in past tense.
#auditdetectiveinspector

No, you are NOT the only one that it annoys! In fact, I try to ignore it, thinking it’s wasteful to throw that little corner away. Even when I leave the room, I can “hear” it hanging there and I have to get up, go to the kitchen, and tear it off!
Those little pieces of paper towel that don’t tear absolutely haunt me!

Thank you very much!
I thought I was the only one who felt this way!

2 Likes

I’ll give you a 1/2 point for the forgotten “are”. I do not buy into the rest of your correction. I was speaking in terms of potential current/future situations as well. At the time of writing that comment, I did not like it. Currently, I do hate it. Lastly, in the future, I will still hate it.

Doctors’ offices that give you an appointment time and then tell you to be there 15 minutes early. Why can’t they just give the appointment time with the 15 minutes incorporated into it?

3 Likes

Someone (naming no names) that reads the newspaper before you and doesn’t put the pages back together neatly.

3 Likes

Can we get an Amen!
Bette Davis Yes GIF

When trying to unwrap a stick of butter and part of the wrapper is embedded in the butter.

4 Likes