Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack

Next to Iron Horse BDX-3, which woot used to lure me into this multi-year wine-buying frenzy, this is probably the best Bordeaux blend not from France that I have ever tried! It has huge promise and just begs to be laid down in the cellar, but it’s drinking so nicely now that it is very difficult to not hoover it all up upon arrival. Perfectly balanced fruit with good acidity and soft tannins make this a winner!

My parents like red wine. Would they like this?

You linked to the wrong bottle.
This is the victory, tricks are for kids.

In for one - I hope I like this - most I’ve spent on a bottle in a LONG time, but Cellar Tracker seems to think this is awesome. :slight_smile:

Which wine was bad? All my Wellingtons have been stellar. I am in for 2 more to bring me to 10 in my cellar to sit for another 10 years.

I finally succumbed to the pressure of reading all the Wellington related posts over the years and tried one. The Victory seemed like a good place to start.

Yes! Especially of they let it sleep for 5 or 7 years.

Why not wake it up and drink it when it arrives?

All these positive comments I’m seeing just helped me push the buy button. Not much of a wine drinker myself, but the rest of the family is. We’ll see if they share everyone else’s outlook on this!

There better not be any Iron Horse BDX-3, or I’ll be in big trouble. In for 3, and hoping for some Chronical, Corison & Scott Harvey. If there is any Haven Merlot, I’ll have some of that too.

Some wines, this one included, benefit from aging for the flavors to integrate, the tannins to mellow, etc. This is a SOLID wine, but it is not primed for immediate enjoyment.

I already have way too much wine, including a bunch that hasn’t even been delivered yet - but you guys pushed me over the edge on this one. Curse you, and curse woot for starting off the woot off with a bang!

(I curse you now, but I’ll drink to you in a few years…)

I don’t know, I have had 1 or 2 bottles and loved them. I still have a few I am aging, but these can also be drank right now; it all depends on what you like.

I am not a red wine drinker but my bf is. Thinking to get him this for Christmas. My question is: He usually likes his reds to the dry side. Will this one satisfy his taste???

Been so long since some IH. I just bought an LD at almost full retail. I had my first wedding cuvée just two nights ago. That was the first IH I have not been happy with. It wasn’t bad, but the crisp apple, rosé was not my cup of tea. Bring back the three pack woot.

Never seen a IH offering on a woot off though.

What kind of shipping time would you estimate for this? This would be my first wine.woot, and I’m kind of nervous on getting it before Christmas (actually would have to be by the 18th for my plans) Planning on gifting one, and keeping one for myself. I’m definitely tempted with all of the positive comments!

Decisions, decisions. Buy the this Wellington 2-Pack for $60 or spend the extra $20 and get the Flora Springs 2006 Flora’s Centennial (retail $150 for wine club members only) for $80/free ship on WTSO. My friend says the Centennial is supposed to be similar to their Rutherford Hillside Cab which I love. I’m a Wellington virgin, so I don’t know if I should pull the trigger on this offer or wait for some of their other offerings.

Suggestions?

Sad to say that the BDX-3 is gone forever, except all the bottles folks have stashed away. IH ripped out all their Cab. merlot etc. and replanted with Pinot in 05’.

Drat. I was all set to go to bed and pass on this…then I read through the comments from the last offer and saw this:

Curse you, Woot.

Peter Wellington 2006 Victory Reserve - 2 Pack
Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: rjquillin
Speed to first woot: 0m 40.060s
Last wooter to woot: chukon99

Okay I caved. Bought 1