Peter Wellington Victory Reserve (2)

Thank you very much Peter. I greatly appreciate it.

I know. I’ll be stocking up on the big boys, you included, but I really wanted to have some Sauternes. Such a poor vintage, d’Yquem didn’t even bottle. :frowning:

Every time I see Wellington come up on Woot I think it’s Hawley Winery! The bottles look so similar!

BTW I haven’t seen Hawley since I bought it a couple of years ago…anyone see any of that stuff?

http://wine.woot.com/offers/hawley-winery-dry-creek-valley-red-3-pack

These wines are an automatic buy for me. Wellington’s Victory Reserve have never disappointed me.

Not to be a stick in the mud here, but I don’t see how the ‘43% off list price’ can be accurate. Both the 05 and 06 Reserves are listed for $50 on the Wellington website. I’ll assume this is one is naturally higher priced (though I’m not sure why I’m assuming that), but even then, the very first site google gives me (http://buyingguide.winemag.com/wineries/wellington) is selling the 07 at $60, which puts this at a 33% discount at best. If the list price ends up being $50 like the other vintages, then it’s 20%.

That being said, I’ve enjoyed every wine I’ve had from Wellington. I’ve never tried the VR, and I was thinking about going in for this deal despite being a bit costlier than the typical bottles I purchase, but it doesn’t seem like there’s much of a discount on buying it this time. It’s actually less of a discount than the wine club pricing - or maybe that’s the point?

If you look under the Specs tab you will see how the discount % is calculated. Woot uses $60 as the retail price + $25 “average shipping” so 60x2 = 120 + 25 = 145 then they subtract the woot shipping charge of $5 to come up with $140 as the retail price used to determine the discount.

Not offering my tacit approval of this method, just explaining it. :wink:

Awesome wine. My cellar is full of Wellington (including some of these). BTW my husband and I were just at the winery last week and had a lovely chat with Peter. (Hi! We’re the Colorado couple with the white van, who talked about solar stuff!)

Wine Enthusiast gave it a 94:

Wellington 2007 Victory Reserve Meritage (Sonoma County)

Price $60

This is one of the best Bordeaux-style blends Wellington has ever produced. Although it still has plenty of life ahead, perhaps as much as 10 more years, its soft tannins and sweet black-currant flavor make it drinkable now. Only 471 cases were produced, but it’s worth the hunt. — S.H. (4/1/2013)

PW: we talked about scores last time you were here, but I’m curious if you have seen any difference in calls, sales, or visits after that big score and nice write-up.

Last Wooter to Woot:
itsernst

Last Purchase:
a few seconds ago

Woot…you know me too well.

Hi there. Thanks for chiming in on this. Are you back home yet, or still working on California projects?

A good review. Of course, we think we should get them more often, but our house style is not “blockbuster”, so often our wines are a bit too subtle and balanced to stand out when a wine judge or reviewer is tasting a lot of wines in a short time.

No major effect.

No, you and others just won’t read what’s been clearly explained, in every singe WW, every day, including this one with a very clear explanation. Read the thread instead of whining and you might find you might be able to be accommodated.

Can I get an “amen”?

AMEN!

I love you, man.

A different interpretation would be that this began as a whimsical reply to a sarcastic post by another wooter. You seem to feel that anyone who has not been here every day, reading every post on the shipping topic, is ineligible to ask a question. Other opinions may differ. Granted, SB has offered to accommodate those who are (temporarily, we hope) disenfranchised by the Troubles, and that should stop the whining.

Well put. Don’t become a troll on here and don’t encourage trolls.

And neither has NM!!! When will the torture stop? Can anyone update us on getting our states back on the list???