PetZoom Self-Cleaning Grooming Brush - 3 Pack

Oh man, these things are my cat’s favorite ever. I wish I had a use for 9…

Use a very gentle pressure for the first few minutes of grooming. Then slowly increase the pressure, which will let the comb dig deeper into his coat. After you have removed the top and middle layers of fur, then you can get aggressive and go for the thick fur at the bottom of his coat.

That metal brush is a damned torture device. I feel sorry for the pet that get brushed by this.

Are any rabbit-owners amongst this dog-and-cat crowd? If so, I’d just like to say that these brushes aren’t all too helpful for bunnies. 2 of my 3 don’t like the bristles, and it doesn’t really grab onto much of their fur.

ERROR: JEALOUSY DETECTED. EXTERMINATE. EXTERMINATE.

We have a different branded version of the wire brush and it is fantastic! One flip and all the fur is out and you have a clean brush…I will never go back to a regular dog brush again!

Oh…and if anyone asks: they do last…we’ve had ours for about 3 years with no evidence of failure.

HOLY COW! THE SKY IS FALLING! WOOT.COM IS SELLING SOMETHING THAT ISN’T A TV, A COMPUTER, OR A VACUUM CLEANER!

Just for that I’m in for three!

I just bought one of these (different brand but same thing) for $15 at one of the retail PetStores. It’ll be nice to have spares (especially at THIS price!)

Now I’ll have ten total!

I’m still crushed I missed the Bundle of Carp last week, with the crushed servers letting me get to the order page but never letting me get to the next step.

However, bruised as I am, I’m in for three (3).
For those math impaired that’s a total of 3x3=9.

Why you ask? One for my GF’s dog, one for my kids pets, and one for the pot bellied pig.

PetZoom Commercial & Demo Video

You’ve got to love a Doctor Who reference. Bravo!

From my experience working at a doggie daycare and petsitting I would recommend getting a coat rake (shedding rake, undercoat rake, they go by many names but basically look like little handheld rakes) - I’ve used them on huskies and Goldens with amazing results. The Furminators are nice, too, but I’ve found the rakes to be better at getting shedding coats out. Usually I use the rake first to get the bulk out and then go for the Furminator to grab the extra hair that the rake missed because of its wider bristles.

I bought 3 sets and I thought I would give 2 sets to the local shelter. They are so cheap it is crazy to just buy one.

Also, why can’t I change my avatar?? I hate my ugly freakish avatar!! I have a gravatar that works on every other site. Why doesn’t it work here? I’ve been trying to change it for months.

No, those are for the avatar.

My friend has a wolf mix & we’ve always used a comb just like this one for the worst of the hair & then follow it with regular use of the furminator.

We used to raise and show Samoyeds - and still have a couple. Being honest, the BEST thing you can do is buy a Greyhound brand comb. Not a Greyhound “style” - a real, made in Belgium Greyhound comb. They are about $20, but once you use one, you will never use a cheap comb or brush again. The hair just seems to pop out. We don’t use brushes for the most part.

I have two brushes for my cats. One is a wire brush kinda like this one, but without the plastic tips and circular. The other is the outline of a circle with a serrations on both sides (one has thick “teeth”, the other thin). It sounds and even looks kinda mean, but the cats love it. They love both, actually. The serrated one gets a lot of hair, but makes a big mess with flying hair (probably like the Furminator). The one like this gets less hair per stroke, but catches it all, so it’s neater. I don’t use the one like this because I have to pick the hair out of the brush, but if the self-cleaning bit works, then I’ll be all set.

For what it’s worth, the cats love the metal. Both of them go nuts for brushing. Hardly “torture.”

My dog is a shepherd/husky mix. And she sheds like a husky. I just use a curved wire brush. The wires on the one I have are a little longer than a regular wire brush, and they’re bent on the ends so it gets the undercoat pretty well. I wouldn’t try these on her.

So I have three DSH (domestic short haired) cats and 1 Chinese Pug. We have a Furminator, but don’t like the mess it makes (b/c of how effective it is, lots of hair flies in the air too). Will these work well for my pets, but not make a mess in the process?

Tremble in fear foolish mortal, and bask in the awesomeness that is Nightghost! Your pathetic attempts at “quality” are looked upon by Nightghost as unworthy!

I imagine it’s something like that going through their heads.

Or it could just be that Nightghost is that quick with the info.

Cool. Maybe my daughter will stop dressing them up in ridiculous outfits if she can torture them by brushing instead. I’m in for three.