Philips 10.2" LCD Photo Frame

“Who on earth would ever want to go see a movie with SOUND? THE MAN! That’s who!”

“What’s that you say? Horseless carriages?!? Balderdash!”

“An oven that cooks without fire? Using my-crow-waves you say? Sounds like the Devil’s work, if you ask me!”

That’s depression talk. Our nation, no the world, needs you to buy this thing. On the eve of the inauguration of the first black president selfish you is trying to crash the world economy by hoarding your wealth. You need this thing. You need it now. Chics will not be impressed with you if you do not own one. You will not be respected at the office unless you have one perched on your desk indicating you are techno savy. I am buying 3 and putting pictures of our great president and his familly (including pets and any old people) in all three.

In for 1. I purchased the the 5.6" philips frame on a prior woot and like it. Consumer Reports (Dec 2008) actually rate the phllips frames a Best Buy. I really like the fact the frames will automatically detect the orientation of the picture. And don’t think all frames do. I have also purchased the Kodak Easyshare frames which have a nice picture but do not detect picture orientation. They are also ruined by the fact they are widescreen - great idea for a television but not a digital frame. Also, for the poster who said you could get a frame with 1024 x 600 for $30 dollars more. That just isn’t true. According to consumer reports no manufacturer is offering a frame with those specs yet.

This is actually a good deal. Thanks wOOt.

Randomly:
not sure how I like the new woot setup. Does anyone know if they upgraded servers too?

For those who own this frame or the smaller model, can you please let me know if the adapter is only 120 volts or it takes from 120-240 or 220 volts ? I need to have that info before I make my purchase.

TIA.

Finally set up my Philips 5.6" PhotoFrame from the January 6 Sellout.Woot. It displayed pics nicely from my SD card, but completely died within the first 24 hours.

POS

kringansaha, soory but this is the only information found from the pdf manual for this frame from Philips.com

10ff2
• Power consumption: (System on and battery
charging) 7.5 W
• Operating time on battery: 1 hr
• Battery LED indicator: Charging - Blinking
• Power LED indicator: Operation - Blue
• Power mode supported: AC powered, Battery
powered

Sorry, if this doesn’t help, But I tried!

From Philips Support:
Question
If I brought the photo frame from the U.S, can I use it’s AC adapter in Europe?

Answer
Yes, you can use it in any country in the world.
It’s the universal type ,suitable for AC100~240V,50 - 60Hz this range.

(Philips Online FAQ - 10FF2CMI/00
)

Thanks !

kringansaha,
I have a smaller 5.6 Philips one.It has a universal adapter which works in 120-240.I have read in philips page also that other 10 inch model works with 220. So it should be a safe buy.

However I took chance and have ordered a 9 inch one from buy.com last week. Don’t know the power adapter for it.

Hope this helps.

nids

Wow, 10" to display my crummy photos. I’ll wait until I have a camera w/optical stabilization, and won’t be embarrassed by my stuff.

Hmmm, well one political muse deserves another…

Obama '08
nO job '09
nO money '10
nO w00t '11

That being said, Change we can believe in is good, I didn’t think it meant pocket change however.

After reading all our Wooter’s discussion, I’m finally in for 1… :slight_smile: