Philips 1080p 42” LCD HDTV

I do know that Dell has brand new 42" 1080 Sharp for $49 with Free Shipping. Based on poor feedback on the Phillips TVs recently, a new Sharp sounds better to me.

only 60 hz :frowning:

There’s been a spate of LG 42’s recently for around this price, new. I don’t care how the Philips reviews are, I’m not gonna go 5 bills for a 90 day warranty.

Is that a flying spaghetti monster on the screen?

6.5 ms response time is alright for watching football but I’d want something ~2-4 ms for some serious gaming.

No VGA or DVI? sucks…

Still an awesome price for a 42" flatscreen.

Is this a good tv for an XBox 360?

Froogled.

It looks like an awesome deal, however, the only downside is that it only is 60 hz. Typically anything under 40 you are fine with 60 hz, and this is pushing it.

I got a Samsung 40 inch 60 hz at best buy for $850 about 4 months ago, then saw the 120 hz was on sale for a little over $1000, so i traded it in and picked it up. To make a long story short, you WILL notice the difference between 60 and 120 hz, even on standard tv. Never go under 120 hz if you can help it.

Wait! Maybe I could use this as my computer monitor instead…

Why, that’s a jumping Hungarian puli named Fuzzle.

rasta-dog is in ur screen, goin’ for ur munchies.

It looks like a bear with Jamaican dreadlocks on the screen.

it’s what happened when the FSM touched a poodle with his Noodley Appendage.

60Hz kinda ruins it for me, but other than that its a good deal for the price

I am still trying to return the 19 inch refurbished philips tv I got on Christmas Eve… what a pain to try to send a TV back… Philips is easy to deal with , but WOOT is impossible. Don’t know if I will ever buy a refurbished tv ever again!! It quit working after 2 weeks!! Anyone else have this issue?

I have the 32" version too. It looks great and works great. Only complaints is it flashes a Phillips logo every time you turn it on. Cool at first, but after a while seems like its just showing off. A plus compared to my Samsung it can switch between digital channels faster using its built in digi tuner.

I agree, stay away from Philips. I have 2 refurbished Vizio’s and they are am happy with both of them. Wait for a Vizio, Sony or Samsung for a good refurb.

A Komodor is a larger version of the Puli, kind of like the 56" version of the TV.

About 30 days ago I bought a new 42pfl6704d for about $650 from BJs.

So far I love it.