Philips 1080p Upconverting DVD Player w/DivX & HDMI

yeah i bought two of these early this morning for 20 each

I have this, bought thru Woot, lost the picture within months but the sound is good!

Got one of these awhile back, isnt that great, doesnt look any better then a regular DVD player on a 720p set

Not so good reviews on this

You’ve never been on 4chan, have you?

I have 2 of these and love them. I have had them for about a year now. They work great. Also if your tv is 1080 why would you need a blu-ray…this is the highest def you will get on your tv anyway. Love the picture quality and the saved expense of a blu-ray.

I have the model right before this one, its great, does what it’s supposed to.

That had a different model number, but not sure if there is any real difference.

Yes, although I’ve found each DVD is different for the amount you get out.
The original Star Wars Trilogy DVDs don’t look as good as say Iron Man on DVD when upconverted. Different DVDs produce different results.

Bought one of these about 6 months ago to use with a 19in flat panel in my bedroom. Works wonderfully. Gets the trick done for a small TV. It is, however, very slow to start up and can be finicky with the remote at times.

If you are looking for a cheap DVD player this is the one to get.

Link to a region free upconverting Refurb

http://www.funtechtalk.com/philips-dvp398237-review-region-free-code-for-hdmi-divx-dvd-player/

Technically, that one was the 3962 model, but this is the 3982. Does anyone know what the difference is (aside from the price)?

Take yourself to ebaums then. The point is…why are you spamming this fratboy junk over here when it belongs over there?

If it did, it’d be called a Blu-ray Player and not a DVD player…

Appears everything from Philips is refurbished. Got a HDTV a few years back from them directly. Refurb. Lasted 3 hours. Never again…

No USB port on this one - bleagh!

no thanks…

I own this thing. Its a hunk of junk even when it was new. STINKY!

Thank you! It’s getting annoying.

wooted one of these last year, it was DOA

Bought one at Wal-Mart for about twice the price and in silver, works very well. Might get another for the bedroom.