Philips 19” LCD HDTV

I needed an inexpensive set for the bedroom, so grabbed one of these today. I did take the very good advice of getting the Square Trade warranty. With the coupon code, it was just $23.99 for two years’ coverage.

I checked out listings for parts, and availability is a bit iffy. Any repairs may have to be made with aftermarket parts, which is a bit of a bummer.

Bought one for Christmas. It stopped working after 4 months. Phillips T.V.s have a very bad reputation of doing this. Check forums on their TVs. 90 day warranty not long enough for this piece of crap!

Agreed.

Got one last October as a Chritsmas present. Broke end of February, and warranty such as it was only went to end of Jan. Started making loud hissing sounds that scared the heck out of the kids. Before that it used to buzz loudly whenever it was on. And it ran hot, probably hot enough to be a fire hazard.

What a total POS. Caveat Emptor.

It has made me rethink ever buying refurb electronics from woot, and also Phillips in general.

Same thing happened with us. That is fine, live and learn, and I have learned never buy anything with the name Phillips on it unless you have money to gamble and don’t mind a fire hazard in your house.

That address is 5min away from me. Let me know and I’ll ring the doorbell.

Anybody have experience with hooking this up to a DVD AND a PC? How does it work as a monitor? Really need an answer on this…not going to bite unless I can use it for both…thanks!

I bought one of these last time they were available. It looked like new out of the box, it was in great shape. Only after about 5 days it would not turn on anymore. I called the number on the owners manual and they were very helpful. I explained what happened and they said they would send another tv. I recieved it less than a week later and the replacement so far has no issues. When they work they are a great little tv!

I bought this one on a previous Woot, but it was the 27B, not F7B. I had the infamous “won’t turn on” problem on day 90. Called Philips and they sent a Magnavox with only one HDMI port to replace it. That one didn’t pick up any QAM channels, nor did Magnavox #2. Magnavox #3, however, works fine, although the new remote oddly has one button that doesn’t do anything. Philips was pretty good about the whole thing and they covered all the shipping, but overall, I wouldn’t do it again. They’re very nice TV’s but the quality control issues are unbelievable.

Has anyone used this as a Laptop monitor only? I haven’t seen any cheap monitors lately, so I could just go for this tv… however, it will only be used as a 2nd monitor for a laptop (because Uverse is such a pain as far as plugging stuff in).
Any advice?

I’m trying to click on “i want one” and it’s not working!!

I buoght a simular model Philips 19PFL3403D/27 19” from Woot back in October and I had to send it back twice to Philips because each quit working after a few weeks because of reported overheating. The Third replacement Philips sent me was this newer 19" model (model 350 instead or 340) and although I rarely turn it on, it had worked perfectly since January. If it fails again, the warranty has expired so I will be SOL. But so far I really like this little TV and the quality appears to be much better than the first two Philips TVs I was sent.

Nice job on the writeup’s Bon Jovi “Livin’ On The Edge” tie-in.

This TV is pure junk for me.
I’m on my 3rd, yes THIRD TV since last October. I would tell others NOT to get it. They keep dying and I keep getting replacements.

Those are NOT similar models. The one listed today is for a different model-year.

After reading lots of reviews and experiences, here and on other sites, I finally decided to purchase this TV w/ a 1yr SquareTrade extended warranty–only $14 with that PREMADNESS code mentioned above, so thanks! I have had good experiences with Philips before, and it seems like the issues with past models have been fixed with this model and firmware updates will fix more. Considering the best price I could find for this TV was $200 (after tax) at my local Sam’s Club, this is a really great deal (if it works, of course).

I just received the TV! It looks perfect–no dead pixels, no scratches (screen or case), the packaging is in perfect condition, etc. I checked for firmware updates, as recommended in other posts that it might fix glitches, but it already has the latest firmware (Version: P190S_1.5, Date published: 2010-01-12). These refurbs must be fresh off the assembly line. I’m very pleased with this purchase so far.

how did you receive your TV already, mine hasn’t even been shipped yet.

Have you received your tracking yet? Yours has shipped and looks like it will be delivering on the 13th. I’m going to PM you your tracking.

Got mine today also. Perfect Condition. Pleased.

when i turned the tv on, half of the screen was all messed up…