Philips 1GB MP3 Player

Right. Show us a $25 video player.

The ear buds are too short…

After losing my second Shuffle at the gym, I’m thinking this might be a better alternative (read: cheaper). Thing is, I only run iTunes. How difficult would it be to put music from iTunes on here? I’ve only ever had iPods, so what would be the difference??

Sadly I’ve been charged with getting a video/picture mp3 player or I’d buy this one. Almost did anyway just to give it as a gift. Killer price.

I assume this is only Windows compatible?

What is the average batter life on one of these units. Maybe a iffy stocking stuffer for the kids.

30 bucks for a gig? No thanks…

If I was a monkey from 2001: A Space Odyssey I might be scared by this black monolith.

too bad, but the tiny screen, and the fact that it uses AA batteries is a deal breaker.
still, great mp3 player for kids or noobs.

Do a google include china.

I own this exact model. It is not flat as it looks in the photo, it is a strange triangular shape. The cap pops off one end so you can plug it right into a USB port and drag and drop–which is great. The buttons are hard to manipulate and unresponsive. It is hard to scroll through songs or find the file you need. It has a built-in microphone which is surprisingly good. Overall I would not recommend it.

Full-speed USB 2.0 is the sucker way to say “slow as dirt”

WTF? AA batteries? I missed that part. G’night. What a wasted Woot!

Not in the market for one of these things myself… However, it does have a DVR feature… So it is not too bad I guess for the money. Happy wooting everyone. Not a bad deal if you are looking for one, even though it only has 1 gig of memory… that can still hold a fair amount of music (or notes in DVR Mode). Good night everyone… I am back to work.

2x 4 mw is very much not loud. Other cheapies have 2 x 10 mw, cowon have 2 x 30 mw.

I have a Creative Nano Plus 1GB that i love, and it lasts well over 20 hours on 1 AAA battery. If this one only lasts 8 hours, then that SUCKS!

My nano plus also has an FM tuner (unless this one also has one and I missed it, but I didn’t see it)

Anyone interested in a real MP3 player for $25, Creative has a Nano Plus at $24.99 with a better warranty than woot’s- [link]http://us.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=84&subcategory=&product=15495[/link]

is this thing worth it? looks like it is regular batteries whats that about a 5 hour life?

Philips is a decent brand name and the fact that this gives 1GB’s of space makes it even a better deal. Good price. I just might be in. I got the “Tuesday” Pink MP3 players and they work well, but I wished I’d a waited for this deal. But, don’t have “ESP-N”! lol

Night all

I owned something like this before and I think you either use the software provided or just goto My Computers and drag and drop your mp3 song.