Philips 22” 720p LCD HDTV

here’s the product website

and the user manual)

edit: probably true woot mod. probably true.

Oooo. 88 out of 100 on Alatest.
http://alatest.com/reviews/tv-reviews/philips-pfl3504d-series-lcd-tv-19-22-32/po3-61402172,33/

Sorry woot you USE to have good deals on refurb TVs but this price is not good for a TV with 75% less warranty coverage than a new one.

I bought the 19" refurb a few weeks ago here, and I’ve been very happy with it. The packaging is second rate and they could have done a better job of polishing these up - but it works great.

However, I would go with the Square Trade warranty (look for Promo codes!). I tried to get background info on the “P&F Warranty” but All I found was that it’s “Philips & Fuani” and is very hard to get in touch with. Woot gave me an email address and the response from the person was basically “HOW DID YOU GET MY EMAIL?” - they told me they would forward my request for info to the right person, and they never did.

Like I say - good set, but cover your bases with the Square Trade coverage.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised when I hooked it up to my Comcast high speed internet cable and found that I have cable for free! In my neighborhood at least, Limited Cable is supposed to be $13 a month.

$274 at Buy.com

It’s a lot more at Amazon, where you can read 5 reviews.

And here’s a cnet review.

Have you noticed the sheer number of re furb Philips sets on Woot lately? I had the misfortune of purchasing one of these (19" model) from Woot back in October of last year. Within the three month warranty, Philips replaced it twice. I finally had enough of Philips “Customer Care” making me feel like it was my fault for buying one of their defective televisions. I was lucky to be allowed to return the unit and I am grateful for that as it only ended up costing me $18 for return shipping and a few hours with Philips terrible “Customer Care”. I now have a beautiful 23" LED back lit VIZIO from Costco and it has performed perfectly from day one. It is sad to see a once good electronics company like Philips take such a nose dive. Never again will I buy a Philips television.

same thing happened to me after 2 repairs it now sits collecting dust in the garage and i yet to find a replacement. as for the horrid customer service here is my last replacement chat with them.

Please wait while we find an available agent
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
You have been connected to Sean .
Sean : Hello Vince, and welcome to Philips Consumer Lifestyle. My name is Sean. Thank you for contacting us.
Sean : I understand that your TV is not turning ON.
Vince: hey hows it going
Vince: model : 19PFL3403D/27B
Vince: serial AU1A0817013621
Vince: date of purchase is 11-10-2009
Vince: Problem: tv is dead. no power tried several outlets and multiple power cords and cant get any lights out of the unit
Sean : Where did you purchase this TV?
Vince: did the basic guide found at http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=19PFL3403D/27B&slg=en&scy=US
Vince: from www.woot.com
Sean : Do you have the purchase receipt?
Vince: yes
Vince: date of purchase is 11-10-2009
Sean : Thank you for the information, Vince.
Sean : For your convenience, I am providing you with the link to the PHILIPS website to check basic troubleshooting instructions in the frequently asked questions, possible model upgrades or to download the instruction manual for your TV.
Sean : Please copy and paste the web address in Internet explorer.
Vince: i did that
Vince: http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=19PFL3403D/27B&slg=en&scy=US
Vince: Problem: tv is dead. no power tried several outlets and multiple power cords and cant get any lights out of the unit
Sean : Since you could not find related information on the website or in the manual, the next step is to contact our Consumer Care Center as they may be in a better position to assist you with your request.
Sean : You can locate the contact number on the above link.
Vince: ok
Sean : I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.
Vince: but there closed
Vince: isnt that the point of getting online 24/7 support?
Sean : Unfortunately, we do not have technical information online. I suggest you get in touch with them in next business hours.
Vince: i just need ot get a return form so i can send it off for repair
Vince: i know whats wrong with it its dead there is nothing anyone can do to make it not dead
Vince: it needs to be replaced
Vince: how do i start that process
Sean : Please browse through the above where you may find information on service contracts.
Vince: The Philips warranty covers new products if a defect arises and a valid claim is received by Philips within the Warranty Period. At its option, Philips will either (1) repair the product at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts, or (2) exchange the product with a product that is new or which has been manufactured from new, or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent or most comparable to the original product
Vince: it says to contact customer service at 1-888-PHILIPS (1-888-744-5477
Vince: but isnt that you?
Sean : Please contact them through phone support as we do not have much information online. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.
Vince: are they open now?
Sean : You can contact them in the next business hours.
Sean : You can check for the complete information through the following link:
Sean : http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=19PFL3403D/27B&slg=en&scy=US
Vince: ok
Vince: i was using this link http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=19PFL3403D/27B&slg=en&scy=US
Sean : Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Vince: ill try your link it has more numbers and letters
Vince: and by the way i just called the 1-888-PHILIPS (1-888-744-5477 and there closed right now
Sean : Is there anything else I may assist you with?
Vince: Monday - Saturday 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM EST Sunday 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM EST Excluding Major Holidays
Vince: this is the number for lamps and lighting 1-800-555-0050
Sean : Unfortunately, we do not have information on the contact number of lamps and lighting.
Sean : Can I be of any further assistance to you?
Vince: no thats ok maybe i can get an exchange for a Philips HX6932J insted at least if it breaks i can still use it the old fashond way
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

wanted to add the first one conversation i had with Phillips support as well,
Tracy is my girlfriend who tried to get this resolved the first time.

Thomas : Hello Tracy, welcome to Philips Consumer Lifestyle. My name is Thomas. Thank you for contacting us.
Tracy: hi
Tracy: my TV is broken
Thomas : I understand that your Philips TV does not turn on. Am I correct?
Tracy: It was a referb
Tracy: yes
Thomas : What is the Model number, Serial number and date of purchase of your TV?
Tracy: model : 19PFL3403D/27B
Tracy: serial AU1A0817013621
Tracy: date of purchase is 11-10-2009
Thomas : Thank you for the information.
Thomas : For your convenience, I am providing you with the link to the PHILIPS website to check basic troubleshooting instructions in the frequently asked questions, possible model upgrades or to download the instruction manual for your TV.
Thomas : http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=19PFL3403D/27B&slg=en&scy=US
Tracy: already did that
Tracy: where can I bring it
Tracy: it only has a 90 day warrenty and that is up soon
Thomas : May I know the place you have purchased the TV?
Tracy: woot.com
Thomas : Tracy, I suggest you to contact the store where you have purchased the TV for further assistance.
Tracy: phillips will not honor their products?!?!?!
Tracy: I dont think so
Tracy: it is an online store
Tracy: I am contacting you to have this resolved
Thomas : I understand your concern.
Currently experiencing network delays, one moment please…
Thomas : The blinking light generally indicates an internal component failure and should be diagnosed by a qualified service technician.
Thomas : As this is a chat support, we have only few options to try.
Network connection re-established.
Network connection re-established.
Tracy: i dont even have a light at all
Tracy: there is no blinking light
Thomas : It is unfortunate you are experiencing this.
Thomas : I suggest you to get back to the stoes where you have purchased for further assistance.
Tracy: I suggest phillips fixes it
Tracy: how about this Thomas
You have been using online chat support at Philips Consumer Lifestyle. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
wooters.us eats babies!

Philips 22” 720p LCD HDTV [Refurbished] - $179.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Philips 22PFL3504D/F7B 22” 720p 2 HDMI LCD HDTV

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

If you want to mount this in a corner, make sure you buy a bracket that extends to at least a foot long.

Usually on the box, or in the instruction manual for Phillips products, it says to call “phone number” If you didn’t follow those instructions and took it upon yourself to berate the chat people, it’s your own fault that you got frustrated and left without a proper solution.

Is that a strider from HL2 in the picture?

i don’t think so, but it does bear a resemblance.

Classic! Great read,and so typical when you have to contact customer support. I can feel your frustration but keep in mind that Sean has to have the worse job in the world,he goes home each night knowing he hasn’t and never will help anyone. There must be a key on their keyboard that plugs in the phrase "I apologize for any inconvenience ". Thanks for posting.

Note that you can edit the post that you’re quoting, so as not to take up so much space.

Oops yes and I know better,my error.

does anyone own this model??

Why buy a refurb when you can get a new one for a few bucks more with a warranty???