Philips 22” 720p LCD HDTV

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Philips 22" 720p LCD HDTV
$149.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Philips 22PFL3504D/F7B 22" 720p LCD HDTV w/2 HDMI

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

I like Philips stuff in general. I have a 42" plasma HD tv that I bought about two years ago that has been incredible.

Product Website

They still make TVs under 30 inches? Can it be used as a computer monitor?

Beware. I got a refurb Philips a few months ago from Woot that was a complete mess. The menu wouldn’t go off the screen and the volume would randomly turn up and down without prompting. I wouldn’t waste my time with another Philips refurb.

Quick warning: 1366×768p is not a standard HD resolution, it may not be perfect, but it should be un noticeable.

Subtract that bezel and you’ve got something very pocketable.

Previous Woot

doesn’t seem like such a good deal for 720p instead of 1080p, and refurbished and only 22"

if you have an HDMI output…yes

Nice Big Brown Box, plain simple and does not draw attention. http://sale.images.woot.com/MN94176C_specs9.jpg

in for 1. replacing with my 13 inch Montgomery Ward tv in my bedroom. haha

That’s because they are now made in China. We got one of the last European ones, a refurb from Woot, and it’s great. But I wouldn’t touch a Chinese one.

Here’s the Manual

this isn’t really that good of a deal…especially for a refurb.

Consumer Reports

buzzillions

ZDnet review links

cnet

Refurb Froogled
http://www.google.com/products?q=Philips+22PFL3504D%2FF7B+&hl=en&aq=f

I have a couple of these around the house that the kids play games on or I use when I need to use dual monitors with my laptop. At this price though, I’d look for something maybe 26’ or so, or add about $50 and get a brand new one.

The problem I had with these (i have multiple brands, not just this model) is that the computer display didn’t take the whole screen as I wanted it to, and when it did, I had to set weird resolutions to do so.

If you just need a small monitor/tv around then they are fine, but other than that… I’m not all that impressed.

I think the fact that it is a refurb, people need to take that into consideration, for sure.

But at this price point, an HDTV with digital tuner, 2 HDMI ports (one on side, one on back), other connections, and 720p, it’s a good deal.

Heck, at that price if one gets two years out of it, that’s a good deal.