Philips 22” 720p LCD HDTV

$234.99 at Best Buy with free shipping.

I have one that I bought new ($1000+tax, not from Woot) that does the same thing. No more Philips or Magnavox for me.

great, as soon as I get a job, they hold back my paycheck for a week… :frowning:

Hey keep in mind this is a great size for a small dorm room. Most TVs over 26" are a strain on the eyes in a small/crowded room.

Can you disable the dynamic contrast ratio on this TV? I HATE dynamic contrast ratios!

So many deals on 22" lately, I’m looking for 26-32" for the kids room.

Quick warning: 1366×768p is not a standard HD resolution, it may not be perfect, but it should be un noticeable.

Depends on how close you sit.

It’s got a VGA port but the resolution isn’t very high for PC monitor of that size.

Don’t they always do that (except certaincircumstances) at least that’s what I thought.

I have been looking for a TV for the kids that I can mount on the wall, so I looked up VESA based on the product description. Discovered that it just means it is compatible with standard wall mounts available today. I guess that is the something new I learned today!

I did not know that. thank you :slight_smile:

Yes you can. It has both VGA and HDMI inputs on the back, so you can use either depending on the output on your computer. It also has a 3.5 mm audio input, so you can use the speakers in the TV for audio by connecting double-male headphone cable to the TV from your computer.

All the Sandisk mp3 players Ive bought from woot so far that don’t work put together could possibly make a 22" screen

There are a lot of fairly great reviews for this TV on Buzzillions. Check that out.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/philips-22pfl3504d-22-lcd-tv-reviews

That’s a tough question. I can’t find anything in the manual or on the web the addresses this directly. I did find some forums where people complained about not being able to disable this feature on various Philips TV’s, so there’s certainly no obvious way to do it.

The only 2 possibilities I can find:

1. There may be a service menu (I don’t know how to access it), that has a bit set to enable backlight dimming. Apparently some Philips models have this, but I couldn’t find which ones or how to change the bit.

2. This model does have 4 picture modes (Standard, Sports, Movie, Game) and you can also customize a Personal picture mode. The personal mode only allows you to customize intensity in bright areas, but perhaps one of the presets has dynamic contrast disabled.

Finally, I found this review, which says “There’s a special form of contrast filtering that Philips has developed which they call Dynamic Contrast. This digital technology helps to achieve deeper blacks and darker colors in addition to the contrast that is available to the hardware of the HDTV. This new technology is promising and the results look very good. The blacks are realistic and there is no artificial look imparted to the images on the screen.”

I hope that helps with your decision.

Never Not Funny is the best podcast in existence. Definitely check it out if you’re a fan of laughter and fun. Bag O Corn, friend!

I bought one of these on a previous woot, after buying and being very happy with its 32in bigger brother. I’m watching broadcast HDTV on it now, and it’s a fine TV. 720p is pretty 1ame for a computer monitor unless it’s for elderly/low-vision users, but for TV viewing more than 3ft away, it’s perfect.

The colors are nice and rich, the response is great (no artifacts), and the OTA tuner is better than average with weaker signals. Setup is easy, the connections are plentiful and recessed to facilitate wall mounting. It has a 75mm standard VESA bolt pattern on the back. The eco-friendly box/packaging is a nice touch.

Really, I have no complaints at all. If I needed another TV, I would buy this one.

Don’t fear the refurb
(baby take my hand)

When guest hosting Comedy Death Ray, Jimmy Pardo does a great impression of a horrible podcast.

It must suck for that guy when he gets naked in front of a lady…