Philips 32” 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV

Actually the Insignia is really awesome, everyone bashes it because its plasma, but in a room as dark as mine, its perfect.

In a word…NO. thanx

Yawn. This woot-off is boring me.

No DVI or VGA port. So, the answer is ‘no’.
That was the deal-breaker for me. :frowning:

Shame on Woot for copy/paste their spec sheet from Rakuten: Shop. Get Cash Back. Repeat.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Psh… You can never go too big, I have a projector in my tiny room haha

Wrong. Couldn’t be more so, in fact. DVI and HDMI signals are exactly the same, so a simple passive adapter will get your computer’s DVI output to work with any HDMI TV.

On the other hand, in response to the person talking about it being 120Hz and thus suitable for 3D gaming: Sorry, but this and any other non-3D capable TVs are not true 120Hz displays. The panel does refresh that fast, but the maximum input it can take is 60Hz. The other half of the frames are interpolated, sometimes making it seem as if movement is smoother. You could game in 3D at 30Hz for each side (60Hz total), but that isn’t really advisable either. The only true 120Hz displays are a handful of LCD computer monitors and all the faster CRT monitors (some are capable of up to 160Hz). I’m not sure if the 3D TVs available will work 100% for computers at 120Hz - the DisplayPort ones almost certainly will, but HDMI 1.4 is inferior and bandwidth limited in comparison, so I have no idea about their compatibility.