Philips 32” 720p LCD HDTV

boring but helpful amazon link

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-32PFL3505D-F7-32-Inch-Black/dp/B003IT6Z40

non refurbished btw

I bought one a costco a year ago great TV

I love how this TV has a built in light sensor, my similar TV has one, and it really makes a difference when you turn off the lights. It basicaly dims or brightens the screen for the perfect viewing brightness for the light conditions your in.

$200 for 10 more inches…hey now

This is a NOBUY…the HDMI port doesn’t even align with the holes cut for them. Good luck attaching that to a wall with more than one HDMI input.

I’m going to put this in the headrest of my 89 Chevy k2500 regular cab pickup!!

This still requires a antenna with decoder to watch over-the-air HD broadcasts, right?

$300 would be a killer deal for a 32 foot wide or a 40 foot wide tv of any brand.

I wouldn’t pay $100 for this thing. Philips has been the biggest dissapointment of my shopping career. I will never buy from them again. I would love to tell the story again, but it’s gotten old. It is about a TV though. And a DVD player. Both crap. No support, not even for warranty.

what about the picture on the screen?

It features the “Dungeons & Dragons Dungeon Master’s Screen”. Available right now from Amazon.com for the low price of $9.95.

You should check out the Amazon page (linked on the price above) as they have a funny rollover text on this image:

While you need an antenna, you do not need a decoder; all current TV’s have digital tuners built-in. Don’t get sucked into buying a more expensive antenna just because it says “digital ready” on the packaging either. Any antenna made for televisions will work.

You don’t really need 1080p on a screen this size:

1080p charted: Viewing distance to screen size

About response rates:

60Hz vs. 120Hz vs. 240Hz vs. 480Hz - LCD Response Rate

The product description says the following.

“PC input (HDMI) – use your TV as a PC monitor”

Can someone explain to me how you would make this work with an older PC that does not have HDMI. I am familiar with VGA and simply using the TV as a monitor but VGA port is not on this TV.

I am assuming it can’t be done but if you want to advertise a TV that can be used with a PC why not just put a VGA port on it?

EDITED: BLAHHH.

I posted a chart, but NightGhost had already beat me to it… evil son of a wooter he is.

WHO CARES

I remember when they came out with 27 inch analog tvs, wow so big and beautiful.

HDMI to VGA

There are actually five pictures of this, not four.

Whoa - that wouldn’t let you connect a computer to this TV. Note that it says “NOTE: DO NOT SUPPORT SIGNAL FROM VCR, COMPUTER OR LAPTOP OUTPUT”

You’d need an analog to digital converter - about $100.

Don’t buy this crap from WOOT !!
I recently bought Philips 47’’ refurbished TV from woot.com. It didn’t work the first time I turned it on. It took Philips three weeks to “fix” my TV and it only worked for a week! It is such a waste of time to deal with Philips horrible customer service and WOOT told me stories like “they will likely replace it with something new”. It such a lie!!! Philips makes really low quality and very unreliable TV. Based on my personal experience, even though it is a good price, it is not a good deal at all. WOOT will charge you shipping if you want to return the product. For a TV like that, it will cost you more than $100 for shipping.