Philips 32” 720p LCD HDTV

I bought this exact TV from woot on 10/29/09 and it broke on 9/26/10. So nearly 11 months.

It is a good TV, no doubt, and perfect size for a wall-mounted TV for the bedroom. The speaker on it is good, the picture is fine, and HD looks great on it from bed.

If it hadn’t died, I would have zero problems with the TV. However, it did, so I have one major problem with it.

Just buy your SquareTrade warranty and appreciate the TV while it lasts! :wink:

However, I went with a 32" LED from Woot’s daddy Amazon for about the same price and got a 3 year warranty on it.

Edit: They sent me 2 remotes when I got it, and I still have both…

Has anybody noticed if their TV has shipped yet? I’m kind of curious but don’t think it has, if so it doesn’t say so on the order page.

Mine hasn’t shipped either.

No shipping for me yet. Why so long I wonder?

Dude I am still waiting too!! The “man” at woot said today is the 5th business day and it should ship today but I do not see any change in status.

I haven’t seen a change in the shipping either, I’m giving them until Friday.

Mine shipped… Should arrive on Monday.

Mine has shipped now, should be here tomorrow!! Took a while to get out the door but not long to get here!(hopefully!)

Received the TV and it would not turn on. I called Phillips and they told me the warranty had expired. Not too thrilled with this purchase…

My TV turns on 30 mins and then shuts off randomly. When you go to turn it back on, it turns on for 5 secs and shuts off. You have to wait a couple hours before it will turn on again. But then it just repeats this cycle.

I’m a very disappointed first time Wooter. I thought I was getting a deal. I WOULD LIKE SOME ANSWERS WOOT!!!