Philips 32” 720p LCD HDTV

guess its 1:30 am est now

Perfect for my dorm room! If only I were in college…

yay now I can sleep

I’m sure the developers were breaking a sweat themselves.

What did they break first, sweat or servers?

Oh thank goodness. I was.about out the door on my way to Texas,with a wave of woot! Monkies riding lol catz behind me. At dawn on the 5th day, look to the east.

Whew. Sorry for the delay. I Had to fight off thirteen kung fu fighting victorian monks before I could singlehandedly restore The Woot to it’s rightful place. Wasn’t easy, after the Monks I had to climb the stairs of enlightenment, bathe in the pool of strength and dive from the cliff of high uppedness. You’re welcome, fellow Wooters. You’re welcome.

not hi-def. medium def.

And we were ready to storm the Woot headquarters and everything.

I not enjoy!

Not review :slight_smile:

Phew! Glad you’re back, woot!. I was a teensy bit worried, as well.
But, seriously? This is a pretty carpy wait-for-it woot!.

…and Woot is back in business…

Philips has a mixed record in terms of innovation and product design. For example, they were key in designing storage media, i.e. the compact cassette, CD, laserdisc and Blu-Ray. But their appliances are middling. And I absolutely hate their remote controls. That said, I swore that I’d never buy Philips A/V appliance if possible because of one reason. Philips designed a system that FORCES viewers to watch commercials, even on recorded media. No more fast forwarding! When news of the patent leaked out, and bad press followed, they gave one of the most mo.ronic explanations I have ever heard. They claimed that some people enjoy watching commercials and that their system ensures that those people can watch them. While the system was never implemented, as far as I know, it makes you wonder about the philosophy of the company.

Philips patent app would force you to watch commercials, both live and recorded

Philips Patents Way To Force TV Viewers To Watch Ads

Philips files for patent to force ad viewing

No guys… I need 46-47 to 52 inches. These 32 inchers just don’t cut it.

(Glad you’re back tho.)

379 on amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003IT6Z40/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&qid=1313732184&sr=8-1&condition=refurbished

Will this work with my ColecoVision?

I also need a new rearview mirror for my car. Can I use this instead?

50 End sarcasm

That’s what she said?

Wont matter if you sit far enough away…

TT, next time would you be so kind as to please call each of us to let us know that woot is back up and running? Lovely. Kthxbye.

I bought this TV on here a few weeks ago. It worked fine for a couple of days but then it started turning itself off almost as soon as I turned it on. It takes me turning it on close to 15 times or so now, allowing it to warm up, before it will stay on. I googled the problem when it first happened and it seems it was somewhat common.

The good news is that Philips has worked with me on it. They first thought it simply needed a software update but when that didn’t work they decided to send me a new TV. It is in the mail now and they are sending me a postage paid box to ship the old one back. I’m hoping the new one has the problem fixed because it is a pretty good TV when it actually works.