Philips 39” 1080p LED HDTV w/ NetTV

Yet in the Secification tab it says
Supported Display Resolution
Computer formats: 640 x 480, 60Hz, 720 x 480, 60Hz, 800 x 600, 60Hz, 1024 x 768, 60Hz, 1280 x 768, 60Hz, 1280 x 1024, 60Hz, 1360 x 768, 60Hz, 1400 x 1050, 60Hz, 1440 x 900, 60 Hz, 1680 x 1050, 60Hz, 1920 x 1080, 60Hz
Video formats: 480i, 60Hz, 480p, 60Hz, 720p, 60Hz, 1080i, 60Hz, 1080p, 24,30,60Hz

Nope. While the link does say (with graphics) that this has 120 Hz refresh rate, if you click on the Specifications tab, it’s only 60 Hz. Philips is lying on their site. I also downloaded the user manual and it also only mentions 60 Hz. Dealbuster for Philips’s deceit and for Woot not looking at the manuals.

Same exact thing happened to me. Bought it here last time they had them. Comes in a box with absolutely no padding. There were holes in it and it was torn in several places from transit. It was visibly damaged, but I plugged in to check. Turns out the whole screen was shattered.

I like to hear this…

We have all seen the video’s of bad shipping.

But I have to agree, I think Woot is making a serious effort on this one.

It doesn’t look like it supports Amazon Instant Video. Too bad, otherwise I would probably have grabbed one.

thanks, keith

Thanks guys for the refresh rate comments. It stopped me from buying this and regretting it. I like, no LOVE, Woot but they can be bullshitted like everyone else. I dont think Woot has any reason or design to lie, and if you buy something and dont like it, they have always been extremely accommodating with me.

I remember when woot-offs were fun. Good ol’ days.

So start posting fun stuff.

you can buy better brand at local walmart for less $ .

This is a leap of faith and the first thing I’ve purchased off of woot in well over a year. The last one was a refurbed Vizio TV that came with a dark bar across the center out of the box - I tried like the dickens to contact purrfect refurbs about the problem but never heard back from them. The TV died a few months later. I hope this isn’t refurbished by the same company :-/

Ugh, so a user made a post that was just deleted?

It was an upset customer, but nothing profane or such.

That’s not the sort of customer service that attracts me.

Well, because they CAN watch their TVs… they weren’t damaged during shipping!

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve had one or two items broken during shipping (out of well over 100 purchases). Woot was very, very good and quick about replacements or refunds.

You’re confusing /frame rate/ with /refresh rate/. Frame rate is how the video is produced (film is 24, in the UK they 25/50, in the US 30/60) and is at a high level, determined by the frequency of the utility power. Refresh rate is how often the LCD/LED panel redraws the picture. Basically. Even a TV with 360Hz refresh rate still only supports at top frame rate of 60Hz.

I pulled the trigger on this. Again.

I’ll absolutely be posting about my experience the second go round. That is, of course, unless I’m busy watching my new working TV. :wink:

Seriously though, I’ll post about my experience with round 2.

Fingers crossed. Hopefully, you’ll get a different delivery crew instead of the Hulk.

Hopeful it don’t arrive looking like a BOC!! (that being parts and pieces) =)

This doesn’t make me very happy. I ordered this TV when it was on Woot last time. Due to crappy packaging by Phillips (not Woot) mine arrived destroyed like many others who ordered at the time. I expressed how I really wanted this TV so if they could exchange it or if I could get another from the factory I would like to do that. I was told they had none left and I had to take a refund. So thinking there was no option, I packaged it up and sent it back. I just got my refund YESTERDAY and now I see they had left overs and have placed them in a Woot off today. Lovely.

Thanks Woot.

I bought two of them last time sold. Woot never sent them until I complained that I never received the order. When they did come, the packaging was horrible with one working, the other was smashed.

Mine just arrived broken. Packaging was abysmal.

Ugh.