Philips 47” 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV

I dug this up from wikipedia:

In November 2008, television specifications will be improved to limit on-mode power use

Considering this TV was built in 2008, there is a chance it is not energy star compliant.

This is from an earlier post.

I have a 3 year old Philips 47". The picture still looks like new. It has a black outer ring not that stainless steel or aluminum ring. But it sure has a nice picture even now.
Mine was over $2000 back then, but most top of the line LCD’s were back then.
Waening! These big LCD’s like lots of power. Mine gobbles up around 300 watts plus. I see this one eats 270 watts. That’s a lot of lightbulbs

Get a Squaretrade warranty. If it breaks they pay you for it. I had a $700 quad core and a $200 monitor die on me. I shipped them both in on their dime and they reimbursed me full price. No questions asked!

I’m crying :(… I hate you woot write up!

Aww…what a cute widdle TV! My 70" Sony is laughing at it.

You must be rich. Most of us bought our cars for what you bought your TV for.
Unless its a projetion TV

70" Bravias go for 17-30k

My dad can beat up your dad!

799.99 plus shipping and applicable tax at Best Buy.
link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Philips+-+42"+Class+/+1080p+/+120Hz+/+LCD+HDTV/9578664.p?skuId=9578664&productCategoryId=abcat0101001&id=1218129863461

Also, anybody no what “90 Day P&F” warrenty means??

Thanks!

Just bought one! I’ve been looking for a good excuse to get a bigger HDTV and this apparently worked.

I really REALLY hope I don’t get burned on the refurbished thing. I keep hearing from people that you don’t really have to worry about refurbs any more than a new product since they are fitted up with new parts… but it still seems like a gamble to me. If I do get burned, it will be the last time I buy something big from woot, that’s for sure…

OK, so I’m having woot problems… I go to woot.com and get the flippy fans from Tuesday and cannot see the current woot…

I can see them in community, but not at woot.com. Is it me? Or am I in a Groundhog day woot loop?

That’s a 42". Shows what a good deal this is (assuming you can trust the refurb).

P&F means Parts and Failure I think?

I’m never buying anything that Phillips puts it’s name on again. Last dvd player lasted less than a year. What crap.

oops. guess I’m as dumb as everyone else that keeps comparing to a 60hz and other wrong items. Sorry.
P&F is appearantly part of philips. found a woot cust. service post from what looks like a 42" refurb from last week stating that

“Actually! The warranty for this TV is through P&F and they have been working well with our customers. You can contact them at this number: 1-866-771-4018.”

I googled this phone number and it took me to a philips customer service page…

??? I think I’m gonna have to be in for 1.

Not surprised it is a refurb. Every piece of electronics that i have bought in the last 2 years by Phillips has failed. :o(

Is it just me or does anyone else notice the large number of Philips refurbished TV’s on Woot? Nothing against Philips, but I’m just sayin’…

Here is the same: $798
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Philips-47-LCD-HDTV-1080P/10965944

Google it, shopping results show you can get a new one for $100 more.

I just clicked on the link & was informed, “Not Available at this Time”

I have this exact model in a 42". And, yes, it was a refurb. Out of the box it looked new and has been working well now for over a year. Picture is excellent and can been seen from about any direction (mounted above a mantel). I have Dish HD via HMDI and am very satisfied with the internal sound and HD view.

BTW, when I google this EXACT model #, google returns $871 new. Thanx

I have this same TV. The screen went black just last week exactly one week after the warranty expired. I think I know where they are getting all of the units to refurb.