Philips 47” 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV

I had same problem. Its clearly a defect.

Really great deal, except for the fact that the screen was cracked in about 20 different places and half of the screen was black when I took it out of the box and plugged it in to test it. Any one have any experience w/ woot and returns of a product like this?

Also recieved mine in a horribly packaged box. The TV looked alright until I hooked it up. Upon hooking it up, the entire screen was shattered due to the horrific packaging. This is the first time I’ve had a purchase from Woot and I’m pretty upset.

Where do I start? I already submitted a damage claim to UPS but what do I do to go about getting my money back?

The packaging this thing came in was unacceptable in terms of packaging anything, especially a fragile television. I wouldn’t pack dog food in something this shoddy.

Hopefully we can get our money back and sadly move away from what was supposed to be a happy experience.

My TV arrived in good time, but the packaging! What a dam mess!
Box was hardly held together, and when I took it off I could see the white plastic was all ripped with parts of screen showing through.
Under the plastic I can see scratches in the corners of the screen where it rubbed on something. The front black plastic around the screen looks like it has been rubbed with sand paper, with nicks all the way around. Very pissed off with both Phillips and Woot.

TV does work fine so far, but half expect it to die any minute after the obvious rough treatment it has had.

Can i do anything about this? Or is just my fault for buying refurbished?

Apparently my boyfriend already posted under my woot username :stuck_out_tongue:

My sister bought a refurbished laptop from Woot, but I must say I’m not all that enthusiastic about purchasing here again if they can’t ensure that the packaging for a fragile item is sufficient…

WOOT Why the hell are you blowing me off? 2 emails to customer support and no response? I am going to contact my bank and charge the damn TV back.

The TV is f’d up, out of the box defective. I have been a loyal customer. I am a bit baffled.

Have you checked your junk/spam folders? We tend to end up there. You should get an automated message right away and a response within one business day in most cases. Regardless, I’ll send a note to someone myself so watch your inbox or PMs.

We’re still working on your case. We’ve gotten a lot of complaints about the past two TVs we’ve sold from a certain vendor and we think they’re packaging them incorrectly which is leading to damage. We’ll email you back most likely on Tuesday when we can get more information on your order.

I wish I took pictures of the inside of the box! I would gladly write a letter on Woot’s behalf to help hold this vendor accountable.

Woot has been very timely in acknoweldging my e-mails, I’d hate to see other first-time wooters get turned off by something that technically isn’t Woot’s fault.

Hey there, did you ever get your $ back? How long did it take you?

I’ve been watching the delivery on these and for the ones who have specified they preferred a refund I’m trying to catch them and refund within the first day(s) of being delivered back to the vendor.

It looks like a chunk of replacement orders have gone out recently. We’re relying on an automated system to send out the replacement tracking numbers, so if anyone has not gotten theirs or is worried about the status, please email in and it will be forwarded to me. And I have a spreadsheet so you know I’m serious.

Got my refund yesterday. Thanks, Woot!
Nice to get this all resolved.

not quite right, I bought two TV’s from you guys the 47 and 42 inch and both were left in my driveway with no signature and no one ever rang the bell. I just emailed customer service for my damaged 47 inch

for all who got a damaged TV…I opened the box and saw the cracked screen right after the UPS guy drove away. I instantly reported it to woot@service.com, got the automated reply with a case number. then went to UPS.com, filed a damage claim. they tried to pick it up for the next 3 days (I went out of town). Woot sent me a message saying that when the first one was picked up by UPS, the would sent another. The day after UPS picked up the damaged one, I got a message from Woot with a new tracking number. The first TV was scratched on the front black surround part too, so I was a little nervous about the second one. It was packaged the same inside, but the tape job on the outside was much better. The UPS guy helped me bring the second on it, and even waited for me to open it up before leaving. Second TV is perfect. not a mark on it. WOW…Picture flickered a little the other day, but not since then. I bought the 2 year square trade warranty for 130$. Well worth it for piece of mind IMO. Good luck to all. Don’t be mad at Woot for the referb companies bad packaging, and UPS poor handling…