Philips 47” Full HD 1080p LCD TV Pixel Plus

I feel really really badly for the giant. Really.

much better deals on new TV’s lately on Amazon and Dell among other places. check slickdeals.

The only reason that birdboy and others like him ask the inane questions like this is so that they get a “quality post”. Sooo, woot, I am hoping to have a “quality post” for this: Does this show both black & white AND color?
lol

BTW, I bought one of this model new from Target in January and it looks great and has a quick response time (read minimal or no blur that I notice (and I work in television), I did tweak the settings a bit though). It has a good tuner and looks great playing games or blu-ray on my PS3. You can easily update the firmware through the usb port. The television will also recognize most picture formats and audio formats from a portable drive on the usb (but no video formats). The audio is kinda meh, but that is easily overcome using the digital audio output and your amplifier.

My roommate and I each bought the 52" Phillips that was on sell on Woot.com a few weeks ago. They both came in perfect conditions. You would have never guessed it was a refurb. Woot even called us to arrange a drop off appointment with the delivery company. They picture quality is GREAT!!! The sound is excellent as well!!! I believe I got a really good deal, specially for how crisp and clear it looks and sounds. I highly recommend getting a Phillips if you are looking to upgrade from your current late model TV. If you can’t tell I’m more than satisfied with my purchase.

Duh, in a mocking way. It is right there in black and white in Woots description

i dunno, i honestly don’t think it’s a very good deal. i have been shopping for an HDTV very meticulously for several months now, and if you find a good sale, you can get much better than this (I considered buying a 46" Sony 1080p TV brand new for $1000, but decided against it. I have also seen a 42" 120hz super-slim HDTV for $1000). It all depends on the specs you want and such. I think with this deal in particular the pros are: Philips is a good brand, 47" is a good mid-range size, big enough for almost anyone, and it’s 1080p. But the cons are that it’s refurbished (a big con) and that the price would probably be good if it were new, but is just not worth it for the gamble that you take (and lack of warranty). Usually woot has by far the best deals on whatever it is selling, but this just doesn’t seem like one of those deals.

I bought this TV new for $899 from Target two weeks ago. I signed up for a Target card, which gave me 10 percent off. After taxes it was about $870.

That being said, I really like the TV, and I think this is a good price, as long as Philips does a good job refurbishing TVs.

What? No DVI/VGA? I guess I can always use a DVI-to-HDMI adapter since DVI is HDMI without sound.

We bought this same one from woot a couple months ago. And after 3 weeks of use the picture went out. Now it you can only hear the show but not see it. We are waiting to hear from Philips about repair. My advice, spend an extra $75 and get a new one, save yourself the trouble!

Here is the Owners Manual

Philips 47PFL3603D/F7B 47 Owners Manual

Here is some additional specs and pictures.

Philips 47PFL3603D/F7B 47 Flyer and Pictures

WINNER!!

I’m pretty sure they were being sarcastic… because NO ONE on Woot (or Woot’s offspring) are EVER sarcastic… (could you sense the sarcasm?)

Can you hook up a computer to it without using HDMI? I do not see VGA connection on the back?

I have the widescreen 47" and it ROCKS

Just make sure you are using a receiver for sound otherwise you can not assign a sound input to an hdmi port thus leaving you with one nice picture and no sound to go with it

What good is this to me? My cable comes in at 1,000,080p.

ROFL!.. looks like someone just leveled the playing field!

HDMI 3 on the Rear Video and Audio Ports has “DVI AUDIO IN” right above it.

You will need DVI out on your computer and a DVI-to-HDMI dongle to connect the video to HDMI 3.
The audio requires a separate mini-jack to RCA-jack audio cable to connect your computer line out to the DVI AUDIO IN.

i got this at my super target last week. It was $899 (10% clearance) the display (30% off) and my employee discount (10%) it came out to $608 total. definatly a big upgrade from my tube T.V.

You can use S-Video.