Philips 6-Device Universal Remote for iPod

thank you for response!

This is at least $75 on eBay (the cheapest I’ve found and for the SJM3151/27 model).

STEAL!

This is what I have been waiting for :smiley:
Now I can sleep

In for 2 - one to sell :slight_smile:

Can the controller be used for a Mac in place of the Apple one?

will this work with an xbox 360? if so I might just be in for one.

Yes it does charge while on the dock.

“play and charge simultaneously”
Consumer.Phillips.com

In for two based on what seems to be confirmation that it’s iphone compatible. So either I’ll have one to sell on ebay, or two.

Also, Googling the product code for the “better” one (sjm3152) gives you about 200 results, mostly in other languages. And nothing on ebay. What’s up with that? Was that only released outside the US?

What I REALLY want to know is whether video out works on this for the iPod Touch 2nd gen. I’ve got another accessory that stopped working when they updated to the 3.0 version of the software, and with no reviews (in English anyway), I can’t confirm this.

It’s an iPod Charger, with a video out cable and remote control, for a lot cheaper then what amazon sells an offical Apple AV-out Cable (MB129LL/B).

This looks perfect for traveling, to watch and charge an ipod while playing it’s content through the hotel television set.

I’m in for three, for myself and a couple gifts.

Thanks Woot!

Docking cradle, holds the iPod and allows it to charge and play simultaneously

Docking cradle, holds the iPod and allows it to charge and play simultaneously

Any idea if the S-Video out will work for a iPod class 80G/160G? (This is the one that normally needs the newer apple video cable with the authorization chip inside)

in for 2! let the christmas shopping begin! now to figure out which sister to give the other one to…

Couldn’t find much, especially on the 3152, but here’s some helpful info. I’m in for one!

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9728899-1.html

http://www.amazon.com/Phlilips-SJM3151-Universal-Remote-iPod/dp/B000WQ3UIQ

Ahh, the problems Apple creates in their efforts towards proprietariness. Same issue with the iPod touch 2nd gen.

A remote control for a portable device. Am I the only one who thinks there is something horribly wrong with this concept?

It certainly sounds like a handy device, but I can’t imagine actually using it myself. I haven’t found myself in a situation where I want to play my music or video collection from my iPod Touch on my TV.

That usually means that tomorrow or next week I’ll find myself in a situation where I wish I had it. :slight_smile:

I just paid 29.99 for a dock for my iPhone 3G and need another for home. I’ll take my chances that this puppy will let me play videos on the big screen. Can’t wait to try.

I bought this 2 weeks ago from ebay daily deal for $50 shipped.

THe reason I got it was to control the music in my whole house audio system. It works great for that. In my dining room or back deck, I have full control over the Ipod in the family room, change music, control volume, etc. Pretty quick response.

I did have a Harmoney remote that recently crapped out. I did not buy this as a replacement, but thought I would give it a try. Programmning everything else takes some time. I think that I am about 85 to 90% there.

THis remote only controls the Ipod by RF, everything else is line of site IR. THere are “macros” that you can set up, such as “Watch DVD”, where you can record a button sequence such as, turn on TV, Turn on DVD player, set inputs, etc.

I havn’t figured out how to have the remote control the sound on my stereo receiver when I am watching TV. Looks like it is possible though. There are also some buttons not on this remote that I use often for TIVO. Looks like I will have to pick other buttons and change them to be what I use. ( looks possible asl well.)

In the set up, there was a menu for game systems, but I don’t have any set up for this system, so I didn’t see if the Xbox was on there or not.

It is a learning remote. You can teach it to emulate any remote that you have.

Woot.com died. :frowning: