Philips 6-Device Universal Remote for iPod

As opposed to a remote that is smaller than ipod?

I’ve got pioneer blueray and receiver and philips TV. All of them have extensive feature sets, all controllable with vast numbers of buttons on three remotes. Does this remote consolidate control of ALL the features? or am i gonna get stuck with a remote i can only use for volume and channel-changing.

sorry for the novel…

third gen… fourth gen… whatever it takes.

These are great, makes everything better!! And Easier!! (do I get another quality post?)

I totally agree. This seems like overkill.

Bought one of these a while back. It works as advertised - drop an iPod in the dock, browse through your iPod from the remote. It’s great if you’re wandering about the house.

Complaints:

1. Each time you plug your iPod in to the dock, the dock automatically disables shuffle. You must use the remote to browse to the settings menu and re-enable shuffle (Settings > Shuffle). It’s highly annoying.
  2. The IR universal remote does not repeat codes when you hold down a button. This means you can’t just hold VOL+ to turn it up; you have to press the button 20 times. It also makes it impossible to activate Media Center’s skipbar (with the thumbnails) since you have to hold down the skip button.
  3. The remote couldn’t find the proper codes for my Yamaha receiver. It can adjust the volume but it can’t turn it on or off.

I don’t see a 64gb Touch listed, so perhaps not.

On second thought, this joke was too tacky and I wish that I hadn’t said it. So boo on me.

Manuals and Documentation:

SJM3152/17

SJM3151/27

I found quite a few mixed reviews…

Got one of these the last time it was available on WootOff… love it! Pretty easy to program the remote to control other AV equipment.

I’m sure it will as long as you leave your Mac out of it! Quite honestly, the two competing lists of compatible units doesn’t make sense. Why does the lower model number seem to address later units?

I’m sorry, do you have a different list than the rest of us? I didn’t see a 3rd gen OR a 64gb Touch listed.

No wonder it took this long to post this item. I guess you weren’t even sure if you should offer this or not. :slight_smile:

So…Nothing that works with the iPod Touch 64GB?

But if your iPod is connected to a stereo/PA system/iPod-ready TV, the remote becomes very handy, since it’s difficult to operate the iPod while it’s docked.

Here is a pdf on it.
http://www.ces.philips.com/images/products/highres/Philips_remotes_sjm3151_leaflet.pdf

[Mod: Fixed link]

“universal remote for ipod”

isnt that an oxymoron?

From FatWallet’s blurb on the sellout.woot offering in Sept 2009:

Be careful: you want the SJM3152 if you have the iPod Touch Gen 2, iPod Nano Gen 4, or iPod Classic 80GB, 120GB, or 160GB. The SJM3152 will play all players, while the SJM3151 will not play the ones listed above.

From FatWallet’s blurb on the sellout.woot offering in Sept 2009:

Be careful: you want the SJM3152 if you have the iPod Touch Gen 2, iPod Nano Gen 4, or iPod Classic 80GB, 120GB, or 160GB. The SJM3152 will play all players, while the SJM3151 will not play the ones listed above.