Philips 6-Device Universal Remote for iPod

Wow, a woot-off with something I actually need. Thanks!

Is this for people who have 6 iPods?

wow… the remote is bigger than the thing it controls. weird.

Here is the PDF of the user manual for the /…51 - likely the same as the /…52, so they did not bother to re-do it

This is not compatible with PS3

I just tried to buy one for my son and it says they are sold out and I’m in line. When I refresh the item page, it still shows about 50% left. What’s up with that?

Controls my HDTV, DVD player, VCR, and my speakers, as well as the iPod

Here is the manual:

Bought one a few months back and it works awesome!! It works from just about anywhere in my home. It has a screen that acts just like my ipod screen, only smaller and not in color. It was out of the box and set up in 15 minutes. It even charges my ipod so I dont have to plug it into my computer anymore to charge it. Totally recommend it.

i still have time…im thinking…do i really need this…

…is it worth it even if i cant use it with my ipod touch 3g???

PS3 = Bluetooth only AFAIK. Not to worry though, the PS3 BT remote is actually a few cents cheaper than this one at Walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-Blu-ray-Remote-PS3-PS3/5607955

it might be the model you want is out - likely the /…51 will last longer.

Here’s the owners manual if anyone is looking for it. :slight_smile:

Waited too long to pull the trigger - /52 sold out

Give us the mighty Bride of Chuckie!

“YOU… Cake or death?”
“Um… Cake please.”

Is this compatible with the iPhone/2/3GS?

I got this last time around, and it’s like 85% what I want it to be. It doesn’t have enough function buttons to replace the standard remote that comes with most cable boxes (that big gray Atlanta Scientific one that everyone has).

Ergonomics are fairly lacking. I have to contort with one hand to press the bottom buttons for things like Guide and Input. Also, this has a Mode button to change from TV to Game to VCR etc. I prefer direct mode access (separate buttons for each mode).

What you can do with it though (and this is why I use it) is mix button programming on it if you have your original remotes. So I have it setup to control my cable box with 90% functionality, but then I replaced the volume button with my Home Theater volume. So I don’t have to change modes or remotes to change the volume and I just don’t use the volume on my TV.

It will also control my Xbox 360 for watching DVDs. As far as I know you can’t grab single buttons to customize for Xbox, but I’m not entirely sure. I haven’t needed to.

There are 2 models, and the one you want is sold out (still have stock of the other)

*edit- already answered! XD

I used mine with an iPhone 3G a few nights ago. It works. I would assume that means iPod touch 3G would work fine. I haven’t tried with the new iPhone 3GS so I can’t comment on that.

Having previously purchased one of Phillips all in one remotes, I will recommend you shy away from this. Their QA is NON EXISTANT!!! My remote sold for over $100.00 prior to it being on woot! and the software locks up every few minutes of using it.

This isn’t the same product… but it is the same company.

Next up: A robot to push the remote buttons for you.